Chapter Three

Lance Corporal  Wallace layed on his bunk, waiting for the hours to pass. He could still remember why he joined the marines. It was one crazy night he was out with some friends. He went back to his apartment to see how his girlfriend was but when he got there he got a very nasty surprise.

His girlfriend was cheating on him and she didn't tell him. It was too much for him, he told her they where done and stormed out. She went running after him but he did not stop, because if he stopped and faced her he would have broken down.

When he got back to his friends they instantly notice something was wrong . So he told them what had happened and they helped him get through. He still remembers when they were going through the streets of Dako city, when they suddenly past by a UNSC recruitment center and something inside him clicked. He never knew if it was out of anger, or just becuase he had military in his blood but he enlisted. He enlisted and then when back to have one final time with his friends. Hasn't heard from  them since.

One month later the Covenant found the planet and layed it to waste. He was sent there with the 3rd fleet. Almost all of the civilian life was lost. He was defending bravo base, which was located on the outskirts of Dako city. After 3 days of intense fire fights they had almost depleated all their ammo. And they had had 3 casualties. So he was ordered to fall back, they split into two teams. Him, Sánchez and Allison were on the warthog. While Suarez, Caras , and the remaining marines were in the back. He ordered hia team to go to some coordinates on the city center and they went. Wallace knew that he could be discharged or even court martialed for not following orders but he had to know if there was anyone left. So he opened a team com channel and explained. That they were going to see if they retrieved some civilians. And they agreed. His team went through hell. The city center was infested with Covenant. Each sector meant long fire fights. But time was running out so he left Suarez and Caras guarding the warthogs while they were gone.