Escape the Night 4

monica's pov

a/n: first off i wanna apologize because this chapter isn't gonna be my best. ima skip basically the finding the parts stuff bc i'm too lazy to write any of it, so i apologize for not having energy to write this. i'll try harder on my next chapter for my readers, i love you all 💖.

  while everyone talked about the coins mat and i walk towards the box. i try to open it, but if didn't budge at all. i look at mat and he places his hand in mine, "could this have only been our only chance?"i ask and he shrugs. 

"i need to use the restroom"joey says, again? he's been to the bathroom like 5 times in the past hour. after a while joey didn't return at all, "where is joey?"i ask myself leaning against the door frame. colleen calls us over and all of us huddle around her.

colleen brings up the only way to open up the box is with the coins which were the same design as joey's bag and on the map. i look at both mina and maddie who were checking outside, "we need to find joey"mina says and we all agree.

we all go outside and start searching for joey, "guys look"maddie says and i look over to see joey in front of this devil face on the bridge. the bridge leads to this creepy church area, we all call out to joey, but he seems to be out of it.

after a while of uscalling out to joey he finally turned to us and starts pointing at the ominous church in the distance. "that's where the darkness is coming from"joey says looking at us, he told us that that is where the carnival master is.

we ask joey how he even knows where the carnival master is and he tells us that he has been here before looking at us dead in the eye. we all start questioning joey on what he had just said. joey goes on to tell us about the society against evil the group is working for.

he tells us that they have worked in the past together and that they need his help once more tension rises quickly between joey and the group. he tells us he doesn't know how he got out nikita steps in and tells us that we should just go back and look at the map before tension rose.

on cue, calliope rushes in with the map. she handed it to us and we looked at it to see two new places appeared, a police station and a new carnival tent. i noticed a new paragraph on the map, so i  decide to read it.

you think you're stronger than me, kid? i'm stronger than 10 men. i'm strong like a demon. come to the show and prove your strength.

as i finish the note a woman with blond hair tells us to step right up. we all turned to her and start walking to the new tent that was shown on the map. we greeted the lady, but the lady kept spitting right near our shoes until she finally let us in.

as we enter the tent i look back at maddie, she is clearly in a state of mind. she... she looks like she's about to cry...

maddison's pov

as i walked in, i started to recall the dinner party. i sat in the second row on the left as i watched oli and timothy do the challenge. they both ended up alive, but the thought of how in love i was with mat at the time hurt me.

monica's pov

the lady tells us that the strongest among us can open the strong man's chest. we were challenge to do arm wrestling against one another, whoever wins advances to the next level. after we all partnered up we began the challenge starting with mat and nikita.

it was not long before Matt one, he comes back to me smiling. He swings his arm around my shoulder, "don't get too cocky matthew"i say smiling and just kissed my head.

~~~

it was finally down to the last two, mat and manny. it took a few minutes before manny won, physically throwing mat down. out of care for my loving boyfriend i rush to his side and help him up. "are you okay? how's you hand? is it the wrong time to say i told you so"i say and mat laughs kissing my cheek.