🌑Brynolf X Reader🌑

(Slight p*nic attack warning)

You yanked away from a restless sleep in Honeyside, a collective feeling of fear and anxiety. It was a feeling you hadn't grown used to, which was surprising. Another wave of shivers rinsed over you as you remember the nightmare, or rather the memory, of killing Mercer Fray.

The killing him wasn't the part that bothered you, it was the cavern filling up with water.
The water reaching the top of the statue, all three nightingales desperately keeping their heads above the water. The cold unforgiving hands of the waves beginning to lap at your chest and eventually going above your head.
Only moments before you start to loose your vision does the pathway open to the outside.
In the dream however, one of you didn't make it.
As the others fled for the exit they left you behind. With your body unable to move, your vision slowly fades to black and your attempts to yell to them only fills your mouth with murky water.

Your eyes fill with tears. There's only one person that could remind you that you were okay, safe.
Lurching out of your bed and throwing on your guild master armor you make your way out of Honeyside.

The cold night air bites at you and you force down a complaint. Wouldn't want anyone spotting you talking to yourself, again.

Behind the temple of Mara lies the entrance to the guild. You press the small button on the coffin and step back, only moments later do you walk down and into one of the many places you called home.

The walk across the chamber was tense, you were desperate not to wake anyone. These guys weren't exactly people prepared when they've just woken up, you'd learned that the hard way. You've made a note not to mess with Viper when he's tired.
Brynolf was sitting on the table drinking some mead, you've started to wonder if he ever slept. It worried you but you were glad he was awake and you decided to deal with the issue another time.

"Brynnie!" You call in a hushed shout as you walk over to him. He shoots you a concerned but tired look.

"Aye lass, what is it?" It's only takes a moment for him to answer his own question. "Was it one of your night terrors again love?"

You nodded.

"Ah I see. Well sit down and we and relax here for a bit. Is that good for you?"
You loved that he asked that question. He asks what you want, which was more than what most people would do in Skyrim even for their spouse. Not that you two were married, but you wished you were. He's a delight.

"Yes. Thank you Brynnie."

"Ah of course lass, you know I'm always here."

X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞X̸͟͞

You awake back in Honeyside, warm blankets draped over you and a bottle of Black Briar... wine..? On the wooden desk horizontal from your nose.

"Where in oblivion did that come from?" You had heard rumors of the Black Briar family branching into wine as well but not a single bottle has been seen and yet- Nevermind. You'll just drink some later and keep the bottle in your ever growing collection downstairs. It's not that you're a alcoholic, but when you drink alone you like to save the bottles for plants, potions, and other oddities you find. It's a fun hobby.

"..." You sigh and sit up, not knowing when or how you got your armor off or why it was in your dresser door. You didn't care, you just wanted to get dressed and out of the house. You needed to thank Brynolf for being so kind to you the night prior.
Now that you really think about it, Brynolf probably sneaked you back into your house. He's such a sweet guy.

You still have no idea where the wine came from though- but you were going to share it with a certain group of lucky thieves later today.

((Song suggestion - Sugar we're going down - Fallout boy))

((I think this is the shortest x Reader I've ever written and I apologize for that- I'll make a better Bryn x Reader later and it'll probably be a continuation of this bad boy.))