Chapter 2

Umber leaves and heleso roots sat in Sophie's untouched plate.
She couldn't wait to see Grady and Edaline.
She wanted to see Fitz as well, her heart fluttered.
His impossibly teal eyes, crisp accent, wonderful cologne...
"Sophie?"
...
"Sophie!!!"
...
"Fitz is here."
"WHAT?"
Sophie jumped. Her vision started focusing again and she could her laughter from her best friends.
"Guys!" Sophie grumbled.
They only laughed louder.
"Think-ing-a-bou-Fit-sz?" Dex half snorted and half laughed.
"No." Sophie lied and blushed.
"Riiiiiight." Biana rolled her eyes.
Linh snickered.
Sophie started to get fascinated by her feet.
She stuffed food inside her mouth which tasted like chicken fried rice.
She heard footsteps marching towards the hall. The doors flew open revealing a outpour of parents searching for their children.
Sophie spotted Grady and Edaline right away.
Edaline's amber hair and turquoise eyes gave it away.
Sophie was about to get up on her feet and rush to her parents Biana shouted "Wait!" which made Sophie plop back down on her seat.
"What?"
"I'm having a slumber party at my house tomorrow, wanna come?"
"Sure." Sophie said and everyone nodded.
"Then see you tomorrow!" Biana waved.
"Bye."
Sophie held a satchel of gifts and ran over to Grady and Edaline.
They pulled her into a big hug.
"I missed you so much Mom and Dad."
"We missed you too."
"So how wee my scores?" Sophie asked shuffling her feet.
"You passed!" Grady said.
Although Sophie knew she probably passed she still was so excited.
"Your scores are all above ninety!" Edaline gave Sophie's hand a tight squeeze. Sophie smiled. They walked walked together to the Leapmaster.

* * *

The sun was shining through the windows as Sophie brought the pot next to Calla's Panakes tree.
Finally back at Havenfield. Good old Havenfield.
She poured the hot starkflower stew on the roots of the braided bark. She wished Calla a good day and gave Calla a smile and walked back to the kitchen.
Sophie's next goal was ripplepuffs.
The kitchen filled with the smell of chocolate.
She separated the ripplepuffs in containers.
Chocolate for everyone. Mint chocolate for Fitz.
Sophie blushed.
She went upstairs and took a shower.
Sophie picked out her usual black legging with a maroon tunic that had a V-neckline and put it on.
She walked across the flower carpet leaving traces of her footprints behind. The tall mirror leaning against the wall clicked alive.
"Okay, I hate to say this but you look way too pretty for your own good." Vertina's little body popped out in the little corner near the frame.
"Thanks." Sophie smiled. Maybe Fitz might think so too. Nope. He probably won't. Don't get my hopes up.
"Maybe you should braid your hair." Vertina's voice brought her back to reality.
Vertina gave instructions how to braid her hair.
Sophie fumbled and messed with the back she asked Edaline to help her.
Edaline crisscrossed all over her head, this way and that way until Sophie felt Edaline tie a hair band on the end of her hair and let go.
Sophie spun around revealing a neat loose braid lying on her shoulder.

(It looked like this. I do not own this pic. Pretend this is Sophie. Also pretend Sophie's in her room and she's wearing her outfit.)

"This is amazing Edaline!"
Vertina coughed and shot her a look.
"And Vertina." Sophie smiled.
Knocks interrupted Sophie's thanking.
Edaline and Sophie ran down the stair after saying thanks and bye to Vertina.
Edaline opened the door, a messenger held out a scroll with a seal.
"From the Matchmaking Office for Sophie Elizabeth Foster." The messenger said with his low and raspy voice.
The Council hand picked out her scrolls for a satisfying result which Sophie was okay about. It honestly wasn't that bad.
"Thank you." Sophie said and took the scroll from the mailman, trembling with excitement.
Edaline closed the door squealing.
Sophie went up stairs and Edaline trailed behind.
Sophie's heart was pounding in her ears, her heart beat going faster and faster.
She plopped down on her bed, so did Edaline.
Sophie peeled the seal gently with her shaking fingers.
The paper unrolled.

Author's Note:
Hi again! I said I'll up date at least once a week, but I couldn't wait!!! I rolled up my sleeves and wrote chapter 2!
This time the chapter is longer...and guess what. Chapter 3 will be even longer! Yay! So you guys are guessing who'll be her number 1, right?
It might be Keefe tho. I'm Sirius. Shout out to Harry Potter fans! But I am serious. You just gotta wait!

;)