THIRTY-TWO

HER FINAL SCHEME

Twenty six days after Loretta Nott hosted her first New Years evening, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley married.

Ginny was bouncing on her feet -- impressive, considering the length of her dress and the size of her heels.

"After today," Lavender said, "Ron will be the only Weasley who isn't married."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Why does this excite you?"

"Wait," Hannah cut in, "Charlie's not married either, or did I miss it?"

"First of all," Lavender said as she slipped her own heels on, "Charlie isn't getting married. Ever. I'm quoting, by the way. Second of all, Molly's going to start putting some pressure on Ron to get married."

Ginny nodded. "Listen, so, this morning, we worked out the plan for my final match making scheme."

"Your final matchmaking scheme?" Hannah asked.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Who do you think tripped Neville while you were walking past? And who do you think sent Neville to patch you up after a bout with the Carrows when you were more than capable of sorting yourself out?"

Hannah sighed. "Fine, but I'm just one."

Ginny grinned. "Really? How on earth do you think Penelope Clearwater agreed to marry Percy? Let me tell you, that was a tough one. It took lunches upon lunches to convince her he's a good guy."

Lavender folded her arms. "I didn't know about Percy and Penelope. Who else have you matched up without me?"

Hannah's eyebrows lifted. "The two of you were working together?"

"Only since the war," Pansy suddenly said.

"I thought you were sleeping," Hermione said.

"I was, but all the shouting seems to have woken me."

Ginny smiled at her friends. "Victory in the war opened up new connections for me, and Pansy has been a great asset to my team."

Hermione narrowed her eyes at the red haired bride. "Ginny, who else have you been playing matchmaker with?"

"George and Katie."

"Dean and Seamus," Lavender added. "Though that was one of our easier tasks."

"Don't forget Goyle," Pansy called as she stood up from the bed and grabbed her dress from its hanger.

"The three of you played matchmaker with Goyle?" Hannah asked.

"The guy was moping about too much," Pansy said. "We figured a relationship with another human would liven him up a little and . . . well, he's married now."

"I made a promise to myself when I started that I would never interfere in the lives of my best friends unless absolutely necessary," Ginny said. "Hannah, you had a monster crush on Neville, so you can't even argue with me. Pansy, you --"

"YOU DID THAT?!" Pansy cried, pieces clicking in her head.

All the girls stared at the Slytherin. Ginny giggled. "I dropped her cauldron of Amortentia on her -- it was an accident at first -- and then --"

"At first?" Pansy clarified.

"Yeah, I was only going to take a vial and put it in Draco's drink --"

"Why Draco?" Hannah asked.

"Can I tell my story in peace?" Ginny shouted.

The girls fell silent.