Beauty ~ Rick

"Beauty doesn't matter anymore. We're living among the dead." You whisper threateningly, right in his face.

He stops short, mouth dropping slightly, and stares at you. Taken back by what you'd said.

"Y/n that's not what I mea-" Rick starts, scrambling to save his butt.

You put your hand up stopping him, "save it. I don't want your apologies right now. You can talk to me later. If ever again."

Rick watches as you walk away, towards the kitchen he's assuming. That's usually where you go. Or back to the house. He'd find you later, hopefully.

~•~
*earlier that day*

Some of the group had gone out on a run, trying desperately to find supplies before Negan visited again. It was getting harder to find stuff, and you were having to go out further.

The group consisted of a couple of random people you'd paid no mind to, you, Rick, and Spencer.

You all had managed to find a small town, some shops left alone, and minimal walkers.

Deciding to split up and cover more ground faster, you, Rick, and Spencer had gone to the left. The other Alexandrians to the right.

You walk up to the first shop, a music store.

"Y/n. There's no need to go into that one." Rick says, headed towards another store.

"You don't know what they have in the break room." You reason, you all really needed to find stuff for Negan. No matter what it was.

Rick huffs, not wanting to waste any time. "Fine. You go in. Spencer and I will go to the next one."

They turn back towards the other store, leaving you to search on your own.

"So much for staying in a group." You huff to yourself, knocking your hammer against the metal of the shop door.

You wait a moment, no commotion coming from inside. Tugging on the door you realize it's been locked, so you smash the glass right by the lock, reaching in to unlock it. The door opens with ease and you take your flash light out, shining it around.

The store looked exactly as you thought it would before all of this.

Neat rows of CDs on the racks, and clean kept boxes of records and tapes, albeit the dust.

You sigh, wishing everything was back to normal.

"It's never gonna be though." You mumble, suddenly wanting to fill the silence.

A soft groaning catches your attention, you walk towards it, down the second isle, to the right.

The employee, Garett, you assume his name was, by the name tag still on his torn shirt. He'd hung himself with some power cords.

"Sorry Garett." You say, swinging your hammer towards his head, a sickly squelching sound echoing.

You decide to speed up, walking towards the break room.

Cabinets! You open one, finding five cans of Chef Boyardee.

"Score!" You say, punching your fist in the air.

You swing your pack off and onto the table, loading the cans in.

~•~

Five cans of ravioli, a box and a half of ramen, and two first aid kits later you're walking towards the store Rick is in.

A drug store.

"Nice." You whisper.

You push the door open a little more and squeeze in.