Absolute Idiot ~ Negan

"You know what you little shit, I might just stop visiting you all together after tonight." You hated to acknowledge the fact that your voice continued to grow in volume. And that someone would soon hear you, but let's rewind just a bit. 

You currently lived in Alexandria, with a group you had met during your lone travels. Rick Grimes group. You'd been living there with them for about a year or so when someone informed you that a new prisoner had been brought in. Not just any prisoner, Negan. Rick had finally gotten a hold of the man threatening your community, you had known Rick was after him, he had been since that whole skull bashing meeting. You didn't expect him to ever ACTUALLY imprison him. Not to mention, you'd been the one mapping out any and all routes for the groups and teams, making sure they could access the Sanctuary safely, get in and out without major incident. 

Anyway, you had waited a week before visiting the small holding cell that he was being held in, no questions were asked by the guard as you entered the sad excuse of a prison and shut the door behind you. 

"Who's there? You better not be here to interrogate me again because I'm not giving you shi-" The cocky, gravely voice of the man behind bars starts. 

"Oh shut up will you? I don't particularly give a damn about what you will or won't give me." You had cut him off, something no one does without punishment. 

Smirking at his apparent stunned silence you take your time dragging the chair in the corner closer to the center of the room and the cell. The metallic scrape across the floor like nails to a chalkboard, you imagine that you would've winced at the sound once upon a time. Not now however, not after everything that has happened. 

"Uh oh. Did I somehow manage to silence the big, bad Negan?" The mockery in your tone dripped from your tongue like warm honey, making you feel more confident by the second. 

"Well hot dang..." Negan sucks his teeth, and you hear his shoes move across the floor closer, "I don't believe my eyes. You do look good doll." 

The pale blue light coming through the slim barred window was the only thing illuminating the room, you welcomed being bathed in the dim lighting though, it gave you a better chance to hide your emotions. You had to admit though, it was doing him some favors, the bulge of his bicep against his grey shirt and the scruff at his jaw being accentuated. You couldn't get past how sunken his cheeks seemed now, though, how his hair now shaved short and somehow he almost seemed... broken. 

"What are they doing to you?" You had whispered the thought on accident and decided to swiftly ignore it, "don't doll me Negan. You don't get to do that anymore." 

"Ah, you're playing that game too. Alright two can play I guess. I assume that means I can treat you just like any other girl that comes in here?" It was a rhetorical question, you knew that as he moved to lean against the front bars. 

The fact that he had moved closer made you shift in your seat, cross your arms and avert your gaze, hoping he couldn't see the quick rise and fall of your chest. 

"Don't get shy on me now. That's not like you at all. Hell, I'm one to know." He chuckles to himself at the statement, glancing off and seemingly reminiscing. 

"I'm not shy Negan. Just careful, especially around the likes of people like you now." You took this chance to look into his eyes, engaging yourself in a staring match you didn't sign up for. 

"People like me? Do tell, what's that suppose to mean?" He sounded mad, pressing himself against the bars. 

"It means," You stood so forcefully that the chair falls back, "that I don't particularly care to fraternize with the likes of murderers, thieves, and just general bad people."