Chapter 9

Before I begin this chapter I would like to dedicate this to Concealed__ for voting and being a true supporter of my stories. You rock and I really appreciate all your honest feedback. You're the real MVP.  Alrighty you guys here's the next chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. As always happy reading!! 😊

************************************

"Meeting adjourned!"

A loud voice woke me out of my slumber causing me to drop all the paper and files I had in my lap onto the floor. Frustrated I bent over to pick up them up. All the while Mr. Pierce is staring at me with the eyes of death, so I decided to look at him the same way. We have been at five other meetings and I'm tired as shit right now. If he expected me to be fully awake during the last meeting then he must really be crazy.

As soon as everyone leaves the room he comes stomping towards me. I prepare myself for his lecture, but instead he bends over and helps me pick up the paper work. Confused I stop and say, " can I help you?"

He stops and looks at me, " I'm sorry I wasn't under the impression that I had to ask for your permission to help." Of course he's pissed. I narrow my eyes at him clearly frustrated and I know he knows it.

He grabs the files and papers from out my hands and begins to walk back to his office. So as his assistant I scurry behind as fast as I can. Of course everyone in the building is looking at me like I'm crazy because I'm literally jogging after him. I mean do they not see how fast this man is walking. How does he expect anyone to keep up with him. Especially when you're wearing six inch heels. Which I've been wearing since eight this morning. God how I wish I packed a pair of flats. I would of had I'd known we would be at meetings all day.

Rolling my eyes out of frustration for my thoughts and my feet, we finally reach our destination. As soon as we walk in I head straight to my desk and sit down. I take off my heels and cross my right leg over my left and begin rubbing my feet sighing in satisfaction.

"Ms. Bryce!" Mr. Pierces voice once again startles me. But unlike last time I gather myself and lift my eyes up to meet with his.

"What he hell happened today? Those were very important clients that I had in there today. When I hired you for this position It wasn't so you could take a nap!"

His voice was booming throughout the office that I'm sure everyone within a ten mile radiance could hear.

Glaring at him I say, " Well Mr. Pierce I didn't expect to be dragged around for five meetings today wearing heels and no lunch break. So yes I feel asleep. I'm tired and hungry and trust me being hangry isn't a good thing. So if you don't like it maybe next time you should be courteous and maybe stop for lunch next time or....."

"Ms. Bryce I'm not your mother so it's not my job to tell you to pack a lunch. You know I'm the mayor and the owner of this company. I'm busy as hell so you will never know where you'll end up. So next time I suggest you act like an adult and prepare yourself. "

I scuff at him all the while crossing my arms and rolling my eyes at him. Bonus points for doing all three at once. I'm sure I just looked like a child throwing a tantrum though.But this doesn't go well cause next thing I know he grabs me by my neck and slams me down on his desk. His hold on me is cutting off my oxygen and I start to panic. Shocked and scared I quickly grab his wrist trying to pry his hands off me but nothing works. So I try kicking him but he still doesn't budge.

I look towards the door hoping someone can see what's going on inside here but there's no one around. Out of all the times I've been here now everyone decides it's okay to mind there own business. I curse mentally in my head and just come to terms with the thought of me possibly dying right here on his desk. Looking back up at him his face gets closer to mines. I then notice that his eye color has changed from green to black, but with a little tint of red.

Through gritted teeth he says, " I've had enough of your bullshit Passion. You need to learn when and how to speak to me correctly. Your attitude isn't going to get you far if you're going to work for me. So I advise you to get your act together or I promise you, I will make your life a living hell."

I quickly nod my head at him to let him know I understand but he still doesn't let me go. He's still choking me and right now I'm starting to see black little spots in the air. His face gets closer to mines and he says, " It's a yes sir that I'm waiting for. "

So with as much strength as possible I say, " Yes sir." After that he lets me go and I fall over holding my neck trying to control my breathing, but nothing seems to be working. I look up and notice that Mr. Pierce now has a glass of water in his hand and he offers it to me.

With shaky hands I grab the glass cup and drink the water he offered to me. When I'm done he takes the cup away and walks to his sink to clean it.

When he's done he looks at me and says, " Get up. I'm taking you home for the day. Rest up and be ready for tomorrow. "

Locking eyes with him I slowly nod my head at him, but notice that his eyes yet again change to black.
" Yes sir," I answered scared out my mind. I've never been this terrified in my life. Now when Jerome attacked me I was afraid then, but something in Pierces eyes eyes tells me he's more than a killer and instead loves to torture his victims. 
Once he hears that, his posture changes to that of a relaxed one and his eyes goes back to his normal green. What is up with him?

As fast as I can I grab my purse and coat and wait for him at the door. When we exit his office I notice that there is a new secretary at the front desk. She looks very young but when I look into her eyes I could tell she was a lot older than what she looked. As we approach her desk I see her name tag and learn that her name is Violet. As we pass her she smirks at me as if she knows something I don't. Furrowing my brows confused by her first expression, I turn my head away from her and continue walking towards the elevator. Once were on the elevator it's quite. My breathing hasn't returned to normal yet  but I can't help it. I'm scared to death right now. Who is Mr. Pierce he certainly isn't normal. He can't be. I'm sure I saw his eyes change two times right in front of me.

I begin bitting my lip trying to think of ways to get out of this situation. Should I report him to the police? I don't even think anyone would believe me if I did say anything. All they would think is that I'm some crazy black women complaining about any and everything. Sighing I chalk it up to me just being crazy. Right now I just want to go home, pull out a bottle of wine and relax.

My throat starts to burn a little causing me to rub it. I hear Mr. pierce laugh a little and I quickly look at him to see what's so funny. He's looking at me with a smirk playing on his lips. Is he laughing at the fact that I'm hurt even though he's the one that caused it? 

He grabs my arm and I jump back out of habit but he pulls me closer to him saying, " Trust me in the morning the pain will be gone. "

As soon as he lets go of my arm the doors to the elevator open and he walks out. I follow behind him and we walk to his car. As always he opens the door for me to get in. I stop and look at him and the car wondering if it's a good idea for me to get in the car with him.  I look to my left and notice that there's a lot of people out here and if I wanted to I could make a run for it. I know it'll be hard to do in heels but right now I don't care.  I just don't want to be in the car with someone who just almost broke my neck.

He looks at me with a concerned look on his face then towards the direction I was looking and I think he's caught onto my plan, but before he could say anything to me I take off running like my life depended on it.

Hey lovely people I hope you are enjoying the book so far. Please please don't forget to comment and vote. I live to hear your feedback plus it's amps me up a bit to post a new chapter lol. I hope your week has started off great so far. As always happy reading!!  😊😊