Chapter Seven: Stan

"If the days won't allow us to see each other, memories will...and if my eyes can't see you, my heart will never forget you."

When the boy you love tells you he's gay and then kisses you, you gotta be happy

As Stan kissed Bill for a second time, he did feel truly happy. He had shed a layer of secrets so only one remained — his sweater. But his walls had come down for the person who mattered, his best friend, the more-than-friend, the one he was kissing. That was all he needed.

He couldn't stop smiling.

It felt odd to be so happy after being so sad. It felt odd that everything had come together after forever being broken. A little piece of his heart was stitched back together. His isolation, his distance from the group — it had ended as their lips met.

When they were done, they leaned against the counter and smiled. Bill's smile was perfect. His stutter was perfect. His gorgeous green eyes were perfect.

"N-nobody kn-knows, Stan," Bill whispered.

"I know. I'm not, I'm not out either. But, does it matter? Until we're ready, we can just do this, right?"

"A-at some p-point, I'll h-have to br-break up w-with Bev."

"Yeah. Don't worry, we can take it slow."

"Th-thanks."

Stan smiled again. He couldn't believe it.

He couldn't believe Bill liked him back. He couldn't believe they'd just kissed. He couldn't believe he felt truly happy.

At some point, Bill would break up with Bev, and they'd come out, and at some point, Stan would have to take off his sweater and reveal his greatest secret if he wanted an honest relationship.

Maybe it would break before it had begun. But maybe, it would become something that made him happy every single fucking day.

A secret chapter of their story unfolded after that.

They found Richie sleeping and snuck quietly beneath the sheets. Bill conked out quickly. Stan's brain couldn't relax. In the stiff darkness he sat and replayed the night's events over and over again.

Eventually, he laid his head on Bill's still shoulder, pressed himself close, and stayed there in perfect peace.

[sorry, this fluff is really short and mostly filler because next chapter is gonna be a huge plot twist mwahaha, I might post it today because it's also short]