Chapter Twelve: Bill

"Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go."

Four dates in, nearing Halloween and totally head-over-heels falling for his beautiful gay boyfriend — yeah, that was fine with Bill

'Boyfriend' was a word they'd both agreed on, though their boyfriendery was their little secret. No one questioned Stan and Bill going places together, because that was generally associated with friendship. And so they kept their passionate kisses, the ones sweet and strong with everything they couldn't have, hidden behind closed doors and thick walls.

Bill wanted to come out. He wanted the whole planet to know that William Denbrough was gay, so gay, and dating Stan Uris. Bill wanted to open his mouth and scream for the world to hear. And yet he didn't. He was scared, neither was ready, and their relationship was merely beginning.

Their fifth date, Bill found himself holding Stan tightly against his chest, in the gazebo of their Derry Edge Park haven. Stan leaned his curly-haired head against Bill's chest and whispered, "This is nice."

Bill grinned. "V-very."

"I love you, Bill," Stan murmured.

Holy shit holy shit holy fucking shit!

Bill grinned more, his heart racing, somehow calming the emotions raging in his chest. "I love you too, Stan." And he didn't stutter once.

Stan turned around so his legs were on either side of Bill's and gave him a soft kiss. He was being uncharacteristically aggressive, his mouth finding Bill's jawline and landing kisses all the way back up to his lips.

"Whoa, St-Stan," Bill stammered, his face hot.

Stan smiled. "Yes?"

"C-calm down," he laughed.

The noodlehead did calm down; he slumped down next to Bill and rested his forehead against Bill's collarbone. He then told him softly, talking into his neck, "You're so handsome."

"S-so are y-you, Stanl-ley," Bill replied.

It felt so soft and smooth and pure; so perfect, so wonderful...

So temporary.

Just as the autumn leaves were sinking to a musty forest floor, everything could break apart in a single gust of bitter wind.

"Richie likes you."

It was in between classes, but somehow Eddie had found Bill and delivered the most dire news. They stood on the steps of the school, a cool wind blowing in Bill's hair. He shivered against the breeze and then registered Eddie's words.

"Wh-what?" he exclaimed.

Eddie's brown eyes were worried. "Yeah."

"W-well, I always th-thought Ri-Richie l-loved you."

"He does, but he also likes you. I don't really get it." Eddie stared at his feet, looking concerned. "Uh...I'm gay, Bill."

Bill managed a smile, despite the worry striking him with each time he registered once again the fact that Richie liked him.

"S-so am I, E-Eddie."

The shorter boy's smile crossed his face. "Oh? That's great."

"You a-and R-Richie...?"

Eddie nodded. "You and Stan?" There was knowledge behind his eyes.

"Y-Yeah. Don't t-tell any-anyone."

"I won't," Eddie vowed. "Don't tell anyone about Richie and I either."

"O-okay. B-bye, Eddie."

"Bye, Bill."

Richie likes me...shit.

[>:D]