Chapter 11

"Jane, sweetie" says my mom coming into my room

"Yes mummy dearest " I mimic her "is there something I can so for you"

"Nothing really." she says sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Uh then why are you in here? don't you have to work today." I say closing my play book

"No, it's my day off and When was it such a crime to sit with my first daughter on a cozy Saturday morning." She says smiling

"Mom I know you want something." I say rolling my eyes

"Ok well since you asked," she says getting more comfortable on my bed. " I heard there is a party next week on Saturday after your game, and was thinking that we could go shopping for some party clothes."

"Oh like the ones you bought me in when I was 12 that made me look like I was 21?" I say sarcastically "not going to happen." I pick up my playbook and open it to the page about Ref signals.

"Oh please,jane." She pouts " plus they were all classy pieces that I saw all the girls wear in your class."

"You are not a normal mother." I mutter with my eyes glued to my playbook.

"Oh well,then." She sighs " I guess I'll just go watch master chef with a bowl of unhealthy chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and mope about how my oldest daughter doesn't want to spend time with her mother who gave her life and let you play lacrosse even though I'm very against it."

She stands up and slowly walks towards the door sighing.

Of course she played the lacrosse card.

The guilt inside of me goes off of me making me say something I know I will dread till the day I die. my fingernails dig into my palms and me eyes squeeze shut. I bite my lip before and saying those 6 dreaded words through gritted teeth

"I will go shopping with you."

She turns around so quickly that she probably could get a speeding ticket.

"Really?"she says suppressing a smile.

"Yes." I say hesitantly though gritted teeth clenching my fist tighter.

"Yay." She jumps up and down like a kid in a candy store. "Be down in 10 minutes."

"Hey mom," I say biting my lip

"Ya?" She says still smiling

"You know the other day you said you knew who Liam was, how?"

"Well." She sighs " you know how your cousin, Dara?"

"Ya," I say thinking about my crazy cousin who is obsessed with boys, especially famous ones.

"Well she told your aunt may that there was this new guy she was obsessing over, and it so happens to be Liam Hastings. Captain of Kentwood academy's football team and voted him the sexiest student to go there, according to the CRUSH magazine.." She says with a smile

"What?" I laugh "Who the hell would vote for such a manwhore?"

"I guess almost the whole nation." She shrugs

"But why?" I say in horror

"I don't know. Okay well" she says skipping out of my room "be down in 10, and no dilly dallying."

Once she leaves my room I let out a exasperated sigh and fall into my pillows. This is going to be one long afternoon.

-*-

"How about this." Says my mother handing me another article of clothing through the curtain.

I sigh and add it to the ever growing pile of clothes that she previously handed to me.