IX

IX

(Barclay's point of view):

Something wasn't quite right with Emily when I had left her this morning. It was like she had given up on something, but I didn't quite know what.

I didn't want to leave her, but I really need to get good grades at school. My dad left my Mum, my little sister and I two years ago, and it's no secret that we are poor. I'm working part time at the moment in a supermarket to earn money, so I can pay for university, but I really need a scholarship, because even with the money I have earnt, I still don't have enough. I still have a year left to try and get as much money as possible, but it is looking pretty impossible, especially since I am having to give some of my earnings to my mum so she can pay for food.

After spending lunch with Scott, Greyson, Zoe, Ava and Mia and telling them what happened with Emily, it was finally time for my favourite part of the day: basketball practise.

I am very good at sports and I'm the captain of the football team, co-captain of the basketball team, and I also play for the lacrosse team. 

Anyway, after lunch I just about managed to get half way to the changing rooms before a certain Harper Jay came up to me and snaked her arms around my neck and pressed her body against mine.

I stopped walking and looked down at her with an expressionless expression, but feeling nothing but disgust inside. She smiled seductively at me and started to look back and forth between my lips and my eyes. She then leaned in to kiss me, but I pushed her away.

"No." I simply said, trying to get away from her as quickly as possible.

"Come on baby, you know you want to." She smiled seductively again and leant in to try for another kiss.

I have really had enough with her. Can't she just understand that no is no. I firmly, but gently, unwrapped Harper's arms from around my neck and pushed her away from me. "I have a girlfriend Harper. I have a girlfriend who I love with all my heart."

"So? She will never have to know." Harper grinned, wrapping her hair around her index finger seductively.

"No means no Harper. I'm sorry, but I have no feelings whatsoever for you." I stated, hoping that she would understand and leave me the hell alone.

"Everyone knows you have feelings for me Barclay, and everybody also knows that the only reason you stay with Emily is because you're scared she will kill herself if you leave." Harper snapped, obviously slightly hurt.

"You're right, I do have feelings for you. I despise you with all my being, now piss off." I cursed.

I really didn't want to swear, but being blunt is the only way to get through to this girl. I have been kind and tolerant with her, but she has used up all my patience, insulting Emily was the last straw.

Harper looked shocked, but only for a second. She gathered herself together again and a devil smirk formed on her lips.

"Say what you want Barclay, I can see that you want me. One day that pathetic girl you call your girlfriend will kill herself, and only then will you realize that you wasted all your time on her, when you could of been with me." Harper smirked, proud of her comeback.

I wanted to yell at her, and tell her to take back what she said about Emily, but I simply rolled my eyes. "When are you going to understand Harper, I don't want you. I will never want you, and frankly I can't imagine that anyone would ever want you. You are a bitch, and you pick on people weaker than you for fun. You are a disgusting human being." I shouted before turning away from her and storming away from