Chapter 12

Michael sighed and looked down on the keys, suddenly standing up and heading towards the window next to the couch, while James remained put next to the piano, watching his every move.

He placed his palm on the window, not saying a thing. Then, he looked down and brought his other hand to cover his eyes. James' brows furrowed.

"Mike?.." He took slow steps towards him, and then he realized Michael was crying. "Michael, oh man, calm down...it's okay, I'm here..." Said James while rushing near him to rub his back and hold his arm with his free hand. Michael dropped his hands down. His cheeks were wet, his eyes were red. He looked down and sighed again.

"I-I'm sorry..James I reall-"

"Stop." He shushed him. "Come here." James embraced Michael in his warm welcoming arms. Michael leaned his head on his shoulder and cried some more. He loved this place. James' arms. He inhaled, smelling the cologne on his neck. James smelled so good..like cinnamon mixed with honey and sugar.

"You okay?" Said James, finally letting him go. Michael's eyes were still full of tears, and James slowly lifted his hand up to his face, and tenderly wiped a tear away from his cheek with his thumb. "Don't cry.." He whispered.

Michael clenched his jaw and slowly shook his head whispering "I'm sorry.."

"Don't say that!" James exclaimed, taking one step closer to Michael. Their noses were just inches from touching. James flickered his eyes on Michael's lips, as he felt his breathing getting heavier. Michael could hear his own breathing trembling, and he leaned in slightly, instantly regretting for doing so, so he pulled back whispering; "We should go for sleep."

Before James could say anything, Michael made his way to the bedroom. He needed the bed tonight. James was glued in the living room. He looked down. He felt the urge to kiss Michael. It was there. He couldn't deny it. And for a second, he felt like Michael wanted it too.

***

Michael was shuffling in his bed, unable to sleep. He did want to kiss James. He stopped only because of his insecurities. Because he thought he was not enough. Not enough for James. When in reality, neither of them could ask for something better than each other.

It was 3 am and Michael was still awake. What he didn't know, is that James had the same problem. He could not sleep. He was thinking of Michael's behavior. His song, the way he played the piano.

Suddenly, Michael opened the bedroom door and walked out slowly. James pretended to be asleep. Michael neared him slowly. James' chest was uncovered, the sheet was only covering his waist and torso.

Michael kneeled next to James and watched. How beautiful could he be? He hesitantly brought his hand up and stroked his chest hair. James felt his heart skip a beat. He could see Michael, he could feel him, and Michael had no idea. James released a sigh and Michael stopped, bringing his hand up to his face. He played with James' scruff, stroking it lightly. "Why are you so perfect?" Michael whispered, and James shivered. Michael was stroking him. He called him perfect. Is this a dream?

Michael was leaning in closer and closer. James could feel his trembling breath on his cheeks and mouth. Michael nuzzled James' nose and all he wanted to do was to just pull him on top of him on the couch. And then, to James' surprise, Michael softly touched his lips with his, planting a light, tender kiss.

James felt as if his heart had stopped beating. Michael. Michael kissed him.

Still shocked, James felt two arms lifting him. One underneath his neck and another underneath his knees. He was in Michael's arms. What is he doing?

Michael slowly took James to the bedroom and placed him softly on the bed, covering his legs with the sheets, and then left the room, to go and lie down on the couch.

James thought he was dreaming. Why did Michael kiss him? And then why did he bring him here, on the bed? Why didn't he stay with him? Oh how he wished Michael was next to him..

He touched his lips. He wanted more from Michael. His kiss wasn't even 5 seconds long, but James was eager to push his tongue in Michael's mouth, taste him, feel him. He wanted to grip his hair, and touch his fine ass.

Michael knew that James masturbated while thinking of him, and now James knew Michael kissed him while thinking he was asleep. But none of them knew what had actually happened.

For how long can they hide a feeling that both feel and know?