Chapter 3

The next day you sat in your office. It was time for session number two. You sat in the same room again, your hands folded. A new log sheet on a clipboard was filled out with your name and the date. You were still a little nervous about the incident the day before, but chalked it up to paranoia. As the Joker was dragged into the door you smiled.

  “Hey, Doc!” He greeted, flashing you another silver smile as the men left and closed the door. You gave him a small smile.

  “Hello, Joker.” You replied, beginning to click your pen. Joker tilted his head.

  “Ya nervous, Doc?” He asked, staring at your pen. You shook your head.

  “No, it's just a habit.” You answered, stopping your clicking. He nodded, smiling widely.

  “So, Joker, do you know who kidnapped you?” You questioned him, clicking your pen once. He thought for a moment.

  “So.. Straight to the point. So serious. All work and no play makes Doc a dull girl.” He laughed in reply. You cracked a smile, he was a strange man.

  “So the Doc does have a sense of humor.” He smirked. You shrugged.

  “I asked you a question.” You replied lightheartedly. He sighed in exasperation.

  “No, I don't remember… What I do remember is he wanted me to call him dad. And in turn he called me son..” Joker responded almost in a daze. You nodded, writing Man did attempt to brainwash him. Joker seemed to snap out of it.

  “So, Doc, what do you suspect happens when we die? Do you believe in God?” He asked curiously. That was two questions, but you didn't mind.

  “I do believe in a God. A just God that's not all powerful..” You answered partially then thought for a moment.

  “I also think people that are good at heart go to a better place, and people that aren’t go to a place not so good.” You finished, clicking your pen in thought.

  “Interesting..” He whispered, staring into your eyes. His look made you uncomfortable.

  “You, know.. Doc. You're a very unique specimen.” He grinned. You narrowed your eyes slightly.

  “Strong. Dedicated. Different from other women..” He explained. There was something in his eyes. Something he was planning.

  “Are you playing psycho analyst, Joker?” You asked, clicking your pen again. His bright grin returned.

  “I am.. I just had to make sure.”

  “Make sure of what?”

  “You'll see.”

  After your therapy session with Joker you were a bit freaked. You didn't understand what he meant. You knew he was planning something, but you didn't know what. It bugged you. Joker hadn't caused any other questions to arise the rest of the session. Stopping your contemplating you wrote up your report for the day. Didn't take long, but by the end it was lunch. You went out to eat, grabbing your normal burger and fries. This time only two men sat at the table, but they still glanced at you. Not as obviously as last time, though. You still ate a bit quicker than usual, sucking down your drink before throwing away your trash. You climbed into your car this time everyone stayed put. Sighing in relief you started your car and drove home, still keeping an eye out. Something was off.