Chapter 12

(Two days later)

  Joker had made a decision. He was going to kill Harley Quinn, and he was taking you with him. You'd been able to walk, barely, and he obviously wasn't going to leave you alone. One of his lackeys had been feeding and walking your dog since you couldn't. With everything taken care of, you were washed and your first dress was given back to you. There was no evidence you’d ever been assaulted; no blood stains anywhere. Beth brushed your hair and helped you dress again, because you were still weak. You wore neon green six inch stilettos, and headed out with the Joker; some of his men followed behind.
  You looked out the tinted window at all the trees and people. You wanted to bail out and run, but a small part of you wasn't ready to leave. A part of you believed you were making progress and could stop the Joker from killing you, not that he wanted to anyway. He took very good care of you, but fear is what kept your rebellion at bay. You were constantly stressed and in fear, you had been for nearly a week straight. Always afraid he’d snap and decide to hurt you. Or worse.
  “Hey, Doc. You okay?” Joker asked, grabbing your attention. You looked at him and nodded.
  “You do realize you’re my kidnapper, right?” You questioned back. Joker gave your a wide grin.
  “Ah, but you’re my Doc!” He laughed. You laughed too.
  “I guess I am.. Not that you listen to me anyway.”
  “I’m giving her a chance to save her own life.. Doesn’t that count for something?” He questioned, seeming to truly want your approval.
  “Sure it does. I’m proud of you.”
  “Good!” Joker giggled, popping a beer. It was obviously very expensive. He offered it to you and you took it graciously, beginning to chug it. Joker watched with an amused smile.
  “Someone's thirsty.” He chuckled as the car came to a sudden stop. Joker looked around, motioning for you to set the bottle down.
  “We have arrived.” Announced the driver. Joker grabbed an automatic rifle from a compartment in the floor, climbing out. You strapped a pocket knife into your waistband before following. The building was a two story motel looking building, one you wouldn't think twice about if you didn't know what it was. It being one of the “secure” hideouts for Task Force X, or the Suicide Squad. Behind the limo Joker's men all piled out and went to the building, surrounding it and preparing to breach. They each had guns and ammo, a few flashbangs for good measure. Joker, with you following, kicked open the front door as the rest of his men breached.
  “HONEYYY, I'M HOOOOME!” He exclaimed, strolling inside. The interior was beautifully decorated, nothing like the bleak look of outside. A few men walked in behind you, the rest beginning to search. Like clockwork people were brought into the lobby. First a man with dark hair. He wore a t-shirt and shorts, Deadshot but without his weapons. He was forced to his knees as Harleen Quinzel was brought from the same direction. Joker's eyes took on an animalistic trait. You pressed yourself to his side just slightly so he remembered exactly why he was there, and it worked. He visibly relaxed, smirking.
  “Harley, Deadshot.” He grinned. Deadshot grunted a reply, and Harley just glared.
  “I bet you're wondering why I've called you here today.” Joker continued.
  “I'm done with you, Mr. J!” Harley snarled at him. She had best do to watch her tone, Joker's trigger finger seemed to twitch. He walked closer and dug his fingernails into her chin.
  “You'll speak when spoken to.” He growled in reply. Harley didn't back down.
  “No! I'm tired of you running my life! You're nothing but a sad, pathetic los-.” A gunshot rang and Deadshot grunted. Joker's arm was raised just slightly, and Deadshot was bleeding from his shoulder. Harley's eyes grew wide.
  “No!” She yelled, and the fighting began. Harley and Deadshot both broke free from their captures, beginning to fight together. Their movements were almost a blur, but you saw one thing. Harley grab Joker's gun and kick him backward. He stumbled as she aimed, and before you could stop yourself you threw your body in front of Joker. Harley hesitated.
  “Get out of the way! I'm trying to help you get away!” Harley yelled at you.
  “I don't need to get away.” You responded. Joker stopped and listened, even he was confused.
  “Why are you protecting him?! I know he's hurt you!” She continued. You kept your arms outstretched.
  “Because he's my friend!” You answered. Harley seemed to be taken back.
  “Your friend?” She questioned. You nodded and grabbed his hand.
  “He's protected me.. And was trying to make amends, forcefully, but he was going to give you a chance to save yourself.” You explained. She seemed surprised, her gun lowering.
  “Is that true, Mr. J?” She asked. Joker nodded and moved you aside, careful not to hurt you. Harley kept her gun trained on him.
  “I'm trying to change things. I really don't know why, I think Doc's influencing me.” Joker explained, his hands raised. You picked grabbed a pistol from one of his men, just in case. It was a good thing, too, because Harley didn't give up.
  “You have to be stopped.” She said, though her voice was a lot less forceful. She raised her gun, but was too late. You didn't even take aim, but hit her all three times you pulled the trigger.