Chapter 4

You didn't sleep much that night, getting up the next morning with a large sigh. You got up, dressed, and slowly made your way to work. You grabbed a coffee before making you way to the office, sliding your lab coat over your shoulders. You sipped your coffee, as you grabbed a log sheet, a pen, and headed to the therapy room. You sat down on your normal side, waiting patiently. As the Joker was brought in you could recall something familiar about one of the uniformed men. He was wearing some type of face mask so you brushed it off.

  “Hiya, Doc.” Joker greeted with a smile.

  “Hello, Joker.” You replied, sipping your coffee.

  “You seem.. Tired.” He suggested, raising a green eyebrow. You nodded.

  “Didn't get a lot of sleep last night..” You explained, taking a large and hot swig of your coffee.

  “Does it have anything to do with the paranoia, Doc?” He asked sinisterly happy. You locked eyes and adrenaline hit your veins.

  “What do you mean?” You questioned, gripping your pin tightly.

  “You had to have notice my guys following you!” He exclaimed. You shook your head.

  “It couldn't have been you…” You whispered, but how else would he know you were being followed?

  “It was me, Doc…” He insisted, smirking as he cut though his straight jacket with a silver blade. You gasped, standing up as the men who'd dragged Joker in came to stand behind him. One of them was the man who'd been watching you at the restaurant.

  “But why? How?!” You demanded, backing against the wall as they stepped.closer.

  “I called in a few favors before I was locked up.” He explained, stalking to you and pressing your body against the wall. You began to tremble.

  “And why? I needed a new challenge. A harder mind to break… And that mind, Doc, is yours.” He finished, pushing the tip of the blade into your neck. You gulped in fear, the blade cutting your soft flesh.

  “Stop..” You begged, clenching your jaw. Joker tapped your face before one of the men stabbed you with a needle, injecting you with a cold liquid.

  “Shit..” You cursed, your vision blurring.

  “Nighty night, Doc.. And sweet dreams.” Where the last words to fill your head before you passed out.