11-pickpocketing

Beatrice and Posie skipped ahead, Holly trotting behind them, leaving Mike to slowly lag behind as he watched them begin to creep forward. Just ahead of them was a man in a black suit, holding a briefcase as his shoes clicked down the sidewalk. Before Mike had any time to absorb the situation, Bee was sliding her hand into his back pocket and swiftly retrieving his wallet, Posie high-fiving her.

Mike felt his eyes widen as his feet began to move under him, walking forward and snatching the wallet from Bee, earning an eye roll from her in response.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Mike exclaimed, his pulse increasing as the little girl crossed her arms over her chest, snatching the wallet back and opening it. She grinned deviously as she pulled 2 fifty dollar bills from the leather wallet, followed by 3 twenties and a five.

"How do you think we get money?" Posie sassed, taking the money from Bee and shoving it deep into her jacket pocket. As she did so, a woman passed by with a small purse slung around her arm. Posie ran ahead as Bee circled around the woman, Posie's braids bouncing with her before she stopped right in front of the woman, flashing a cheeky smile.

The woman smiled back fondly at the little girl, leaning down to her level, not noticing Bee slowly gliding the purse off her arm.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you know where my friend and I could buy some ice cream?" She said, signaling to Holly who was teetering around anxiously. Just as the woman started to answer, Beatrice pulled the purse all the way off the woman's arm and ran back down towards the alley where they had came up, Posie and Holly sprinting in the same direction.

"Run!" Posie screeched. Mike's sneakers skidded on the pavement as he turned and began to run in their direction, quickly turning the corner to where the three little girls were laughing and unzipping the white bag.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He whispered, Bee snickering as they dumped the purse upside down, the woman's possessions falling to the floor.

"She looked totally loaded!" Bee squealed as her and Posie squatted down to where the items were spread on the floor.

"I bet you theres at least five hundred dollars in her wallet!" Posie replied, swiping the white wallet and ripping it open. Bee stood on her feet and hovered over Posie's shoulder as the older girl began pulling money from the wallet.

She wadded it up in her hand and counted it, the bills wrinkling from being in her fist.

"No way! That bitch had almost a thousand dollars in her wallet!" Posie screamed, jumping to her feet and high-fiving Holly and Bee, Holly looking a bit guilty.

"Posie! Mike yelped, making her giggle when his voice cracked aggressively. Bee joined the fit of laughter, followed by Holly, leaving Mike flustered. His cheeks were burning, a rose color beginning to sink into his cheeks.

They ditched the pocket book and headed back down the alley, Posie wadding up the stack of cash in her hand. Mike lingered behind once again, except this time he was joined by Bee, who kept glancing up at him nervously.

"I thought you knew we did that kinda stuff." She said, gaining his eye contact, which held a look of sympathy but a bit of anger.

"I didn't know you had to steal." He muttered, looking away from her. She shrugged, her converse gently padding across the cracked pavement, little pebbles tapping along as she kicked and scuffed them under her feet.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." She said, a small smile appearing on her lips. Mike sighed in reply, looking down at his feet as they walked back down the alley.

-

im so so sorry i havent updated in so long and this chapter sucks but im trying to come back
-ava