15-beatrice

"Wait a minute," Mike said, shaking his head in confusion. Everyone's eyes darted towards him.

"Why do you have to put Bee in the suitcase? Can't you just turn her invisible?" Mike asked, his eyes on Kali as he spoke. Kali shook her head, her eyes flicking to Bee, then to the floor before she spoke.

"The lab in Maine, the lab where Bee, Posie, and the others are from, they used a different drug when... testing them. Which means that they have a different mutation than me and Jane." Kali spoke, Mike flinching at the mention of El's birth name.

"So, you can't combine powers." Mike answered, nodding to tell Kali he understood. She nodded along, looking as though she were a bit disappointed in herself. There was another moment of silence, Kali's eyes practically glued to the floor in shame.

"Shit, Kal. We gotta go." Axel exclaimed, motioning to the watch on his wrist. And within seconds, everyone was up and out of the van, bags in hand and nervousness weaved throughout the group.

Bee stood in the open doorway of the van, empty suitcase next to her, except for a small blanket that was cushioning the bottom of the bag. Kali stood in front of the van, looking up to meet Bee's eyes as she took the small girls hand in her own. Bee's breath hitched at Kali's cold touch, her own hand growing cold as well.

"Beatrice, I know you will be ok. You know why?" Kali whispered, leaning closer to the blonde girl. Bee shook her head, her braids moving side to side with each slight movement of her head.

Kali smiled at the girl, innocence raining down over Beatrice in that moment. It was times like these with Bee that Kali truly treasured, when she was vulnerable. Like a normal kid.

"Because I named you Beatrice. Because I knew when I met you that Beatrice was the name for you. Do you know the meaning of your name?" Kali asked the girl. Bee scrunched her face up in deep thought, looking down as she searched her mind for a meaning.

"I-I don't know-"

"It means that you carry blessings. Like good fortune. And I know, right now, that you are going to bring us good fortune. Not just now, but everyday after today. I know it." Kali finished, her voice still in a whisper. Bee's lips had curled into a smile, the delicate rose color returning to her cheeks. She reached forward, bringing Kali into her tiny embrace.

"Thank you." she whispered into Kali's ear before pulling away from the hug. Kali nodded, patting Bee on the back before helping her into the small, dark green suitcase.

"Ready?" Kali asked.

"Ready." Bee replied. And at that, Kali was carefully zipping the suitcase, making sure not to catch any of Bee's hair in the zipper. She left a small hole at the corner to make sure that Bee could breathe before carefully placing the bag on the ground and pulling out the long handle.

They walked into the airport, officially leaving their beat up van behind. Kali was secretly going to miss the old pile of junk, she had lived out of it for a good year after leaving her family to hunt the "bad men" as Jane called them.

But it was time to let go, time for a fresh start. After all, there was a lab full of kids that needed to be saved. And Kali wasn't going to stop until she got to Washington, she wasn't going to stop until those innocent kids were saved.

-

Omg i'm rly getting good at this whole updating thing!

Hope you enjoyed! pm me any questions of comments! I love connecting with you guys!

thank you sm for reading! Love you all!

-ava