1

Firkles POV

"Why is firkle always on his phone?" Micheal sighed as he took out another cigarette.

"He's probably texting a conforminist." Pete rolled his eyes and flipped his black hair out of his face. I was just looking at Tumblr aesthetics...

"Like he would ever do that. Real Goths don't talk to them." Henrietta said in her normal monotone voice.

" well one time he did betray us. " Michael pointed out as he lit his cigarette.

"Yeah and you were scared of some plants in vibrating pots." Pete slightly laughed .

"Will you shut the hell up?" I asked, my eyes not leaving my phone. They stopped talking and I went to twitter. I went to my dms and saw that Ike has replied to my message.

Ikey boo: Coffee at village inn again?

Firkey Turkey: Yeah. 9:00 sharp.

So maybe my username is Firkey Turkey, ike thinks it's cute. We're 16. How is it cute? I sigh and scroll through more aesthetics.

9:00 PM

I wait at an empty table for Ike to arrive. I take out my pocket mirror and reapply my purple lipstick. Before I know it Ike is sitting next to me in his usual overalls and tie-dye shirt.

"Do you ever wear anything else?" I question as I slip my mirror back in my pocket.

" I wear pajamas to bed. " he shrugs. The waitress brings us our coffee without saying a word.

"Ok.. Anyways.." I sigh and tap the table with my long black nails.

"Ahh don't make that sound!" Ike complained as he cringed. I smiled and stopped.

"Ok, wuss." I laughed.

" Wow.. I've never seen you laugh. " Ike said with awe.

"Yeah.. Whatever." I rolled my eyes. I didn't laugh... Did i? Did ike make me laugh? Impossible. I haven't laughed since fourth grade. Unless.... No, I couldn't like him. He only likes me as a friend. Besides what would people think of a goth dating a conformist? The other 3 wouldn't be so happy. Well, they already aren't happy, but they would be even less happy.

"Aww now your blushing!" Ike squealed. Oh my god. I am blushing. I can feel my face get hotter every second. I cover my cheeks with my hands.

"No I'm not." I huff. This is embarrassing . I guess I do like Ike..

"Aww Firkiy Turkey!" He cooes and hugs me. I hate when he calls me that. He's childish. But honestly, I kinda like that.

"Agh." I groan and take a sip of my coffee.

"What are you doing tonight?" Ike asked adjusted his overalls straps.

"Living in pain." I mumble without making eye contact.

" Oh.. I suppose you don't want to come over tonight? "Ike asked, his voice sounding sadder.

" Fine, just don't let anyone else know. " I smile slightly and finish my coffee. We get up to leave and walk out together. We got halfway down the street when Ike broke the silence.

"Firkle, have you ever considered dating a boy?" He asked, keeping his focus on the cracked sidewalk.

"Well, yes. But it was a while ago.." I sigh and brush my hair out of my face.

"Who was it?" Ike asked. This kid asks too many questions. Way too many.

"No one." I lie. I have considered dating one before , but we were in fourth grade. I don't like him. I hope I dont.

"Do you like anyone then?" He asked. He does ask a lot of questions .

"Yes." I speak without thinking. My mouth talks without my minds permission . I don't like any girls. They're all gross. I don't like any boys. I know I'm not asexual. I guess I really do like Ike. But how comes I don't get nervous around him? Am I that confident? I can't be.

"Who?" He asked and looked over at me. I look over at him and we make eye contact. His brown eyes sparkle, anxiously awaiting for an answer.

"If I tell you you wouldn't believe me. You go first." I sigh. Hopefully it's not me.

" Ok. I like you! " he exclaimed. He seemed pretty confident. Way too confident. He is a happy guy, but never this happy. His face lights up with excitement. I feel my face get hot slowly but surely. I turn my head just in case Ike could see my face in the dark, which was very unlikely, but you never know.

"Uh huh..." I mumbled and kept looking straight ahead to avoid any sort of eye contact.

"Ok, well who do you like?" Ike asked cheerfully.

"Umm... I uh... I don't know why, how, or when I started to like this person, but uh, I do. And that person is... You?" I shrugged. I almost never talk like that. I guess I really was nervous. I could see Ikes face get red, and I could tell mine was red too.

We walked in silence until we got to his house, which was only 3 more minutes away. We stepped inside and saw the usual; Gerald and Sheila on the couch, Kyle was upstairs, and their cat, Sno, was on the counter. I love cats, or anything fluffy really, so me and Sno get along perfectly. We walk up to Ikes room which has definitely changed since kindergarten. It used to be stars and crap but now it's even more girly. Rainbows. Butterflys. It makes me sick. I try to ignore it.

"Ok so what to do you want to do?" ike asked and say on his bed with floral print on it. I sat down next to him, but not too close because then he'd think I really like him .

"Umm... How about we play one of those games where you summon some demon or whatever."  I said in my normal, boring voice.

"That's scary though..." Ike sighed. I forgot he's a complete wuss when it comes to stuff like that. We could play something slightly less scary, the Ouija board, but he'll freak out and faint. Plus, he doesn't have one. But I think his brother does.

"Come with me." I say and grab Ikes hand. I take him over to Kyle's room and slowly open the door. I peek in and surely enough he's in there. But a girl is also in there. She looks really familiar .I open the door farther and as it turns out, the girl was Henrietta. I open the door in one quick motion.

"Henrietta?" I asked, very confused. Her facial expression changed from happy to scared. I observed what was happening. Kyle was, what I think, getting ready to lose his vcard. I think it's his first time . I walk in and go into his closet and look for the board. They went on, for some VERY odd reason. I covered Ikes eyes to protect his innocence. I found the board and uncovered Ikes eyes and ran out.

"Firkle what was that?" He asked . I don't want to be the one to have to explain this to him. I thought he knew what it was. I didn't want him to see it though.

" Uhmm.. Well, let's just say your brother is ready to get her pregnant and ditch her the next day. " I said, unsure of what else to say.

"Well I know about that stuff. You didn't have to cover my eyes. I know I might seem innocent but I'm really not." He said. Oh. . I feel really dumb. He seems innocent so in thought I should do that.

"Oh.. Ok.." I sighed.