Busted

Chapter 1-

          “Charlotte I’m home!” I heard my mum call from below me. I got off my bed and began my descent down the stairs.

          “Hi mum! How was your day?” I asked giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

          “It was fine. How was school?”

          “School.” I replied my usual response.

          “Oh come on. You must have done something interesting.” She pestered.

          “Really mum. It was just school. Do you know when Liam is going to be home from rehearsal?”

          “I think it will be late. Please don’t wait up for him like last time. You were up till almost two am.”

          “How was I supposed to know he was planning on going back to Harry’s?”

          “Just please don’t wait up again.”

          “Uhg. Fine.” I started sulking out of the kitchen.

          “Supper’s in an 30 minutes!” My mum called after me.

          “Alright.” I called back. I returned to my room and continued working on my English homework. I was halfway done when I heard a loud ruckus downstairs and five familiar voices. I threw my homework aside and bolted downstairs.

          “Lotte!” Niall shouted when I came into view. He ran up and gave me a giant bear hug. A usual greeting from Niall.

          “Hi guys.” I said when I was finally released. Almost immediately I was scooped up into another hug from my older brother Liam.

          “Lotte! How was school?”

          “Boring as always. I want to hear about your day. How many screaming girls ran after you?”

          “Not as many today luckily. But seriously what did you do in school?”

          “Liam, I’m in 10th grade not the Olympics. It wasn’t that interesting.”

          “I still want to know. What did you do in Math?”

          “Math.”

          “Very funny. What about English?”

          “We read the next chapter in that stupid boring book about the bird thing.”

          “Did you have to read aloud?” Liam was always concerned about my dyslexia. It wasn’t even very bad anymore.

          “No Liam it was fine.”

          “What about sport?”

          “Football(soccer)” I said letting a smile spread across my face. Football was my favorite and I was always picked first for teams.

          “How fun.” Liam said returning my joy.

          “What about Col-“ I smacked my hand over Louis’ mouth before he could say anymore about my secret (to everyone but Louis) boyfriend Colton. Just saying him name made me smile. His shaggy brown hair and captivating blue eyes. He always made me laugh.

          “What about whom?” Liam asked suddenly very serious. Here comes protective brother.

          “Nothing!” I replied a little too quickly. “I have homework to finish! Bye!” I tried to make my escape but my wrist was caught and suddenly I was sitting on the couch. Four pairs of eyes glared down at me, Louis’ eyes were lit with amusement. I glared at him for busting my secret.

          “Tell us who Charlotte.” Zayn said seriously.

          “Really it’s nothing. I have to finish my English assessment. Excuse me…” I said trying to stand but I was pushed back down again.

          “Charlotte fess up.” Harry said.

          “I don’t think it’s your business.” I said looking toward the kitchen hoping mum wasn’t hearing the conversation.

          “It’s every bit of our business. You’re our little sister. It’s our job to protect you.” It was Niall’s turn to answer. Liam just glared at me not saying a word.

          “I’m 15! Almost 16! You don’t have to chew my food for me anymore! I’m growing up! You want to know who Colton is? He’s my BOYFRIEND! Here that? Baby Charlotte has a boyfriend!” I yelled, fed up with how the conversation went. I stood up and stormed past the five pairs of shocked eyes and up to my room. I slammed the door and slid my back against it till I was sitting on the floor crying. That was not how I wanted them to find out.

          Authors note: This isn’t going to be like every other fan fiction! Let me know what you think!!(: