overthinking | 8

Ochako lays her head on her comfy bed, covering her little body with her pink blanket.

Her school bag lays on her desk, the Pink Pastel Mochi hanging by the zipper, its little smile still clear in the dark.

A flashback of the sweet moment she experienced at the Fountain with Deku appears before her eyes, seeing his smile. He looks so happy.

The scene slowly fades away and Ochako's eyes return to her bedroom, her lamp shining in the room. She turns her head to the desk, focused on the plush once again.

"Your smile is exactly the same." She mumbled, remembering him laughing at Iida's odd statements about the Test Of Courage during Lunch.

"Just when I thought that's smile you gave me at the Fountain was special and.. rare. Something I can only see."

She muttered, turning her body to face the wall instead of the desk across the room.

"Was I thinking too much?"

she sighs.

"How pathetic of me."

A week passes and finally, the day of the Second Test of Courage arrives.

Ochako heads to the school building with the rest of the Class 1-A girls with their bags. They chat endlessly about their excitement of the upcoming trip.

Their lips forming bright smiles and eyes shimmering with happiness. Ochako joins in their conversation that never seemed to end, smiling with them despite the thought that surrounded her mind last night.

As soon as the group reach the classroom, they scan the room to see the boys in a group too across the room. The reckless boys turn their heads to face them as smiles appears on their faces.

"Good Morning!" Iida greets. "Mornin'!" Kaminari and Kirishima greet in unison.

"Good Morning ~" The girls greet back before walking to their respective seats.

"Are you guys prepared for the Test of Courage?" Ochako hears Mina's voice as the brunette reaches her seat.

She turns her head to look over the front of the room, scanning the group of boys with Mina joining in. "Duh, I heard there will be a ton of snacks!" Kaminari says, pumped up for the trip.

"What about the new dark forest we'll be heading to? Aren't you excited for it at least?" Mina says, chuckling after hearing Kaminari's statement.

Ochako continues to scan the large circle the boys made, listening to their conversation with blank eyes.

"Ah, I the forest will be even darker.. That's honestly really cool!" Ochako hears Deku's cheery voice. Her eyes find Deku's happy smile in the little crowd, his eyes shining, his smile wider than before.

'Ah. It looks exactly the same.'

The brunette thought, weakly smiling to herself before turning her head to look at her school bag. She gazes at the plush hanging, looking lifeless.

'I knew I'd be the only one thinking about it'

• • •

I want to talk to him.

But I feel angry.

To who?

Him?

Mina?

Kaminari?

Kirishima?

Bakugou?

Yaoyorozu?

...

oh.

i'm mad at myself.

i'm angry.

i'm mad at you

ochako uraraka

for staying silent.

• • •

"Alright, alright. Line up." Mr. Aizawa calls out as the Class starts lining up with smiles painted on their faces.

Though they're ears were glued to listening to their teacher's dull voice, they're eyes were locked to the Maroon Colored Bus parked sideways behind the dead looking teacher.

The windows were all black, giving the class a difficult time in trying to process on what's inside the new bus. Comfy chairs?Cupholders? Televison? Speakers? More things the class wanted runs through their minds due to their curiousity.

"Listen now. We'll be having a 3 hour trip heading to our destination. Not only that, we'll be assigning seats."

The class's eyes widen and start to look at each other.

Deku seemed hesitant as he examines everyone's features.

Curiousity engulfed him, Nervousness mixes with it, and finally, a drop of Excitement slowly falls into the odd mixture of feelings.

He continues to look around despite the mixed up feelings inside him. After scanning the people around him, his lands land on the girl beside him in her line. Ochako.

The brunette seemed to be zoning out, judging from her blank and dead eyes.

He hesitantly taps her shoulder, fingers quaking. She slightly bounces in respinse to the sudden touch, her hair jumping lightly.

She turns her head to the left to see Deku's wobbled smile. "Uhm, is something wrong?" He asks in a quiet tone, enough for only Ochako to hear.

Ochako's eyes widened and soften after a second of processing his words into her brain.

Her lips form a light, warm smile. She simply turns her head to the sides, indicating a "No".

"Ah.. O-Okay, sorry to bother you.." Deku says, grinning at her before looking away to listen to Mr. Aizawa's extra announcements.

As soon as his eyes looked away, her smile faded slowly.

She turned her head to her shoes, her pink sneakers covered in dirt after walking to the meeting area with the class. The shoelace seemed like it was gonna untie any time soon, while the hue of her highcut shoes still remained the same.

Her head stayed down despite the fact she had no interest in gazing at her footwear for a long period of time.

Her eyes stayed there, not bothering to look at anyone.

' You didn't say anything.'

[ . . . ]