mistake | 9

"Third Row, Asui, Bakugou and Uraraka."

Ochako's train of thought finally breaks. Her eyes look up after staring at the high cut sneakers of the brunette for a quite a long period of time.

Silent.

She couldn't seem to comprehend what exactly her reaction should be.

Being beside one of her closest friends for 3 hours seems to be a lot of fun, but with an uncontrollable boy with them, it's not exactly gonna be a perfect trip.

She gulps as she tightens her grip on her backpack strap before walking towards the main door of the bus.

Tsuyu followed her lead, walking behind her. "I'm glad I'm sitting beside you, Ochako." The frog maiden says, a smile forming on her lips. The brunette looks over to her, turning her head around. "Me too." She simply replies, giving a light smile to her best friend.

They walk in the bus and were greeted by students chattering. A few of the students of the class got their seats first, simply meaning the students in the bus were just waiting for the rest of the class to come in.

The two girls scan the bus, finding the empty row they're supposed to be sitting in.

"You two, over here." Suddenly, they hear a calm voice to see Jirou pointing at a certain row of empty seats right beside hers.

"Oh~ Thank you!" Ochako thanks her, running up to the seat. She throws her bag to the seat as soon as she reaches it. Her bag layed on the seat by the window. She immediatly plopped herself on the seat and made herself comfortable.

"So comfy ~" She says, slouching. Are you wondering why she seems pretty positive?

It is simply because after Mina easily finding out that Ochako was in love, the rosy cheeked girl learned how to keep her feelings a secret.

She was capable of hiding tears with a smile and a growl with a laugh.

Ochako looks over back to the front of the bus to see Mr. Aizawa dragging a pissed off Bakugou.

"LET GO OF ME YOU PIECE O-- HEY DON'T TOUCH ME OLD MAN I'M GONNA KI--"

Bakugou's endless screaming soars in the vechile, causing the passengers and the driver himself to be uncomfortable.

Mr. Aizawa rolls his eyes and points at Ochako's row. "You sit in the middle." He simply says as he continues to drag the loud boy.

Tsuyu remained standing by the side of the row of seats she was supposed to be sitting on. She made way for the reckless boy and exhausted teacher who were walking towards her direction.

Her face remained impassive, most likely not surpirsed by the situation.

>>

Bakugou crossed his arms, averting his eyes to the side.

Ochako sits staright, her eyes glued to the green trees and empty buildings they passed by.

Tsuyu kept talking to Jirou from the other seat, unaware of the awkward situation her seatmates seem to be dealing with.

30 Minutes have passed, and plenty of students in the bus started to have long conversations. Their laughter soars through the area, words that Ochako could not comprehend peirces through her ears.

She sighs as the bus stops due to the Traffic Light shining a bright light of red. She turns her head to see Bakugou, his arms still crossed and his eyes still looking fierce as usual.

Ochako clears her throat, causing the arrogant boy to avert his eyes to hers. "Uhm, what time is it?" Ochako asks hesitantly.

What was the point of her speaking anyways? With him being so loud and obnoxious, it's pointless to start conversations with simple topics due to his foul language and replies.

"Don't have a watch. Sorry."

Ochako's eyes widen. He sounded so calm and relaxed. She was expecting cruel words to escape from the boy's lips, but what came out instead were honest words.

"A-Ah, okay.." She replies. Learning from that, there's no point in starting a conversation with him due to his lack of interest of speaking.

The brunette sighs before slamming the side of her round head against the glass window. The bus resumes moving after a short period of time. With that being said, silence was all that remained between the pair once again.

'I think I made it more awkward..' Ochako thought, her eyes losing focus on the figures passing by.

'There goes Ochako Uraraka again, ruining things for everyone..'

The brunette continued to think, her head losing focus on the real world.

After exactly 6 Minutes, a voice calls out to her.

"So, your favourite color is pink?"

Ochako turns her head to the side, coming back to her senses. She sees Bakugou, his eyes locked on the Mochi Keychain hanging on her backpack that was resting on Ochako's lap. "Y-Yep.." She stuttred slightly in responding.

It was unexpected to think Bakugou started a conversation even after a failed attempt by Ochako because of her nervousness and anxious state from her thoughts.

"Where'd you get that though?" Bakugou asks, pointing at the keychain.

Ochako remained quiet for a second. She seemed hesitant to answer his simple question. She had the urge to lie but saying his name would be somewhat distracting in an odd way.

"Uhm..F-From, Deku..?" The brunette avoided eye contact with the boy's crimson eyes as the words run out of her lips, clearly nervous from saying something so simple.

Bakugou avoided replying for a second.
"Oh." Was what unexpectedly came out of his mouth before looking away back to the front and crossing his arms.

Ochako couldn't seem to comprehend what she should be feeling at the moment.

"Deku, check this out!"

Ochako's chocolate orbs widen. She heard a loud, energetic voice coming from right behind her.

"What is it?"

A sweet, little boy's voice enters her ears.

She rised from her seat slightly to peek what was behind her. Her jaw slightly dropped.

Deku sitting by the window seat, Mina sleeping between, and Kirishima on the edge.

The red haired boy was showing his phone to Deku, trying their best to avoid waking up Mina.

Ochako sat back on her seat immediatly. Did she hear him say the gift she had was from him? Did he see her? What if he did?

Does he care?

She gulped from the thought. Sweat started to stream down on her pale skin.

Suddenly, her panicked face disappear. Instead of clenched fists resting on her lap and wobbled lips, we see widened eyes of realization.

She sighs before doing the exact same action she did a while ago, which was leaning her head on the glass pane.

'Honestly..

what's the point of thinking? Of course he doesn't care.

If he heard me, he wouldn't even care.

Here you go again Ochako Uraraka, overthinking.'

She closed her eyes to sleep, desperate to escape from her thoughts and reality.

~

a/n:

im so excited for this book to end cuz if u didnt know,, im planning on making izuocha short stories once this is over and i alrdy have a lot of ideas ::") ahHhh