It's the breakfast, you decide! (chapter 2)

Hi. ^^ Here again, updating before time. I just couldn't wait until next week. My bad, my bad. I hope you will enjoy it. :) Please leave comments. And about the picture, it's not completely how I imagine Olivier, but Xavier Samuel looks good, and he has pictures with long hair, too. :) Good enough for now. -(^.^)-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney's POV:

If the situation wasn't awkward, well, then I don't know what is. Me, moving around the room, serving the plates, and the pair of gorgeous, green eyes following my every step, managing to glare at me constantly, like it was a staring contest. When you save someone's life they aren't supposed to be angry, right? It was worse than explaining my parents, how did a Super Mario Bros. patterned boxer found its way in our refrigerator. Screw Beau for it. It wasn't funny at all. By the way, he was my childish exboyfriend, who resented me for braking up with him for nearly half a century, and pulled "jokes" like that all the time to take revenge.

Eventually, I finished with preparation for breakfast, and stood there like an idiot, thinking about if I should ask for permission to sit down on my own couch. Vampires weren't scarier than humans, well, of course we could act scary, but a human could too, which they did quite often, just look at all those horror movies. They completely freaked me out. Obviously except the vampire ones, those were overwhelmingly funny. About being scary, we simply had more time to practice. Apparently, I wasted all that time, because that human boy in my apartment had a hundred times deadlier glare than me, and his dirty exteriors didn't really help.

"You're aware, that you're looking at me, like you are planning a murder, right?" I asked, slightly uncomfortable. "Well, another one, except for your own." I added, referring to the bridge incident.

Hearing that, he sat back, leaning against the black leather of the couch. He averted his eyes from me, and throwing his head back, concentrated them on a random point of the ceiling. Now, him having something against me was strange too, but what fault did the poor ceiling possibly have? But then, the boy suddenly let out a deep sigh, and his face became a little more relaxed, as if he came to terms with himself.

His stomach loudly crumbled, him immediately glancing in the direction of the freshly baked chocolate muffins on the coffee table. I also had my eyes on some food, that being his neck where I could have easy access to all that oh so sweet blood. Only if the dirt wouldn't be there... I couldn't help it. Eating is a must after all.

"I'm Sydney." I announced, completely breaking the mood.  He still didn't answer, though I noticed a slight nod of his head. "A vampire." I added, thinking that should make him produce some kind of reaction.

The boy's eyes widened in surprise. Yes! Reaction! Finally! I thought happily, the little devil inside my head doing the victory dance. Shake, shake, JUMP! Shake, shake, JUMP! Okay, that dance was totally copied from the Donald Duck game. Another bad habit, thought I was forced to stop playing, when I bought a new computer, because the new Windows didn't tolerate the program. Same for Tarzan and Hercules. That's for improving computers!

A nod. Shit. What did go on in his head? Did he believe it? Or he didn't? Why the hell wouldn't he talk?

"Are you mute?" I asked in an irritated tone, not caring about being rude anymore.

Another nod. What? Seriously?

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said, slightly shaking my head in disbelief. That explained lots of things. "I will bring you a notepad and a pen." So I did. He immediately started writing, his frowzy, long hair falling in his eyes as he leaned forward.