It's the strangest delivery ever (chapter 5)

Sydney's POV:

When we finally arrived home, both of us was very tired and it was dinner time already. That day, time passed by quite fast. After we met the woman, who was apparently Olivier's stepmom, I dragged him into another four shops and bought so much things, that we had to call a cab to be able to bring them home. I also bought some simple things. Just the most necessary ones to live as a human. That meant a few video games, including Alice:Madness returns, a new phone, which I planned to give to Olivier as a present, but he didn't know it, and a few flower pots, because I went crazy and wanted to attempt gardening. It wasn't the first time, and it has always ended in a heap of dead plants.

Also, I made sure that my newest friend visited a hair salon, because he really needed a haircut, which he received. I didn't even have to nag him to much, because Olivier seemed quite happy to look like a human again. A very good looking human male at that. Mission accomplished. Now, I had to avoid looking at his face too often, because he looked like an Adonis, which left it's pedestal bare of it's statue to escape at night and blend in with human society. And vampire society. I always dreamed of a boyfriend with gorgeous green eyes and dark hair. Sadly, it was considered as a rebellion, because there weren't any vampires with green eyes. Their eyes were a bright red color, just as mine.

But returning to dark hair and green eyes, Olivier didn't resemble that woman at all.

"How could that be your mum?" I asked, not thinking too much. "She said that she doesn't know you."

In the plaza I didn't say a word, so Olivier clearly thought that I couldn't understand what he told me, well, he didn't really do that, so just what I read on his lips. However, he relaxed too early. I just waited until I had my laptop, a necessary tool for smoother conversation and playing Pac-Man, which was one of my favourite games since 1980. Just why is it, that other vampires can't understand the wonders of technology?! Except the credit cards, of course. When it came to money they could be quite modern. What do most humans like? Money and food. It's the same for us. And I count myself in. 

Hearing my words, Olivier's face didn't show any emotions, so basically, it had a boring as hell expression on it. What's wrong with all the males on the planet? Pretending that you are an emotionless rock is not cool at all. Hey, I know you have feelings inside! In reality, it wasn't their fault at all. It's just that I was too curious and started to think nonsense. Added to my very long list of bad habits.

'Stepmom playing that she doesn't know me.' he typed, not going into details. I noted to myself that Olivier can be very straightforward.

Also, what kind of stepmother does that? It was even more evil than the acts that Cinderella's one committed. She meets with his runaway stepson, and acts like they are total strangers? Definitely not the best family relationship. And this brought up other questions too...Stupid curiosity. Just die! Go away!

"Why did you leave home?" Apparently, my curiosity wasn't capable of a clean, fast death. It was a strange being with it's own will, using my mouth to ask every question that came to it's mind.

'Some personal stuff...' as I read the answer I pouted in disappointment. He didn't trust me at all, did he?

"Does it have any connection with your mom? Or you being mute?" I asked the two possible reasons I could think of, desperate to find out at least one little bit of truth. Olivier looked really surprised for a moment, breaking his poker face, answering my question without words. My little evil friend inside defeated it's little white winged companion, and did MY happy dance, making me feel bad for being satisfied. So I was right. It had something to do with his mother, and him losing his voice. Not like the situation concerned me in any way. I shook my head violently. Why couldn't I stop being so nosy?