Chapter 1: An Invitation

Welcome back fellow reader. Hope you had fun while waiting for the first chapter in this story.

Now, the two of us have been working on this story for quite some time, but we weren't sure when would be the right time to actually share our story with the rest of you fellow readers out there

By the way. We actually made a Casting Call Club project on this story, if you'd like to check it out after reading this chapter.

The link can be found on the external link button down below at the end of this page.

Now, with that out of the way, on with the story

---------------------

A day after Bullseye Jack had attempted to terrorize Cactus Town, but ended being thwarted yet again by Sheriff Chester Gargan, the town had pretty much returned back to it's peaceful, joyful feel as it usually was. Sheriff Chester was currently on his way back to the police headquarters in the town, and was currently juggling two apples in his hands. As he is juggling, a drunk, overweight hobo outside of the town's tavern, notices the sheriff juggling the apples and simply laughs.

"Ha, ha, ha!" laughed the hobo "At this rate sheriff, yeh might end up becoming a clown!" 

Chester simply turned his head to the drunken hobo and smiles

"Why thank you, Doug," he said, revealing to us that the hobo's name is Doug "You can be my assistant, 'Drunkin' Doug!'"

"Ha! I'll do it, kid! I'll do it! Watch!"

Doug then picks up his bottle of rum from off the ground and throws it in the air in attempt to mimic Chester's juggling. However, the bottle of rum on the roof of the tavern behind him, and Doug doesn't even seem to notice this and keeps his arms outstretched in the air.

"Anytime now" he said

Chester chuckles and continues on his merry way. After a short couple of minutes, he arrives at the police headquarters. Chester then walks over to his horse outside of the headquarters, which he named Bucky, while he still juggled the apples

"Hey hey hey, who's hungry?" said Chester. Bucky simply just watches the two apples that Chester is juggling.

"Reach for the sky!" proclaimed Chester. He throws one of the apples up into the air in Bucky's direction. Instinctively, the horse hops on its two hind legs and catches the apple in its mouth.

"Nice catch, Bucky!" praised Chester.

He takes a bite out of the other apple and watches Bucky as he chews and eats its apple whole. Bucky then looks at Chester as he is about to take another bite of his apple. Chester notices Bucky staring at him, and protectively moves his apple away from the horse.

"No Bucky, this is my apple"

Bucky just snorts, and continues to stare at Chester with his apple in hand

"You've had yours already. I keep tellin' ya not to eat it all at once"

Bucky snorts again. After a brief moment, Chester scoffs and moves his apple closer to Bucky

"...alright. You can have it" he groaned

Bucky takes the apple from Chester's hand quickly and swallows it whole, and Chester rolls his eyes.