Chapter 3: Welcome to Wuhu Island

Hello fellow reader. Welcome to Chapter 3 of Super Smash Bros. Invitational.

I hope you have all been patient during this period of time between chapters, because it'll be worth it.

This chapter is going to be longer than the previous, so there will be more in store.

And with that out of the way, on with the story.

--------------------------------------------    

After a long and peaceful time, the sun had started to rise on another bright day. Chester, who had difficulty sleeping due to this being his first time on a cruise, was woken up when the sun started to shine through his window, with a ray of light beaming onto his eyes.

"Nngh," he groaned. "Morning already?"

Chester did not have a good night's sleep, as there were bags under his eyes. He then slowly tried to get out of his bed, but he fell onto the ground after the cruise tipped slightly. Chester groaned as he got up off the ground.

"This island better be worth it." said Chester.

Chester went to the bathroom, turned on cold water tap, and splashed some of the water onto his face to help wake him up. After he wiped off the water that was still on his face, he grabbed his hat and his sword carrier, with his sword in it, put them on, and proceeded out of his room.

"I wonder how Bucky is doing?" wondered Chester.

Chester then proceeded to make his way to the animal compartment on the top floor of the cruise. He had a bit of trouble finding, but after asking one of the friendly staff members on the ship, he was able to find it without further issue. He walked over to an awake Bucky, who was inside his secured cage.

"Hey Bucky." called Chester.

Bucky walked over to Chester. Chester reached out and patted Bucky's head. Chester noticed that Bucky also had bags under his eyes.

"Hmm. I take it you didn't get a good night sleep, huh?" asked Chester. Bucky shook his head.

"Me neither. I don't understand how the other people handle all this?"

Chester then looked outside and saw Dane resting on one of the pool chairs on the outdoor lookout.

"Hey Bucky. I'm just gonna be heading downstairs to check on Dane. Is that ok?" asked Chester. Bucky nodded in reply.

"Ok. As soon as we make it to the island, I'll come back up here and get you."

Chester then started to walk out of the animal compartment and went on his way to Dane downstairs.

"See ya later, Bucky." called Chester.

------------------------------

After a short while, Chester made it downstairs to the outside. He saw that Dane was still resting on the pool chair. As Chester got closer to Dane, he saw that Dane's eyes were shut. Believing that he was asleep, Chester peered over Dane.

"Master?" said Chester. Dane opened one of his eyes and looked at Chester.

"Oh. Morning." greeted Dane.

"Mornin'. ...did you sleep out here the whole night?" asked Chester. Dane got up out of the chair.

"Haha. No," replied Dane "That'd be crazy of me."

"Very crazy."

"I was actually thinking that you'd might still be sleeping right now."

"No, not really. I had a rough night sleep."