Chapter 4: Sparring Session

Hello everyone. Toadly1998 here. 

Were you all excited for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releasing a week ago? Because I sure as hell was! :D 

Anyways, I'm sure you've all waited patiently enough for this next chapter so... On with the story!

----------------------------------------

After their encounter with Sonic, Dane decided to take Chester over to the large metal colosseum that he saw over from the dock when they arrived on the island. As they got closer to it, Chester saw that it was bigger than he thought it would be.

"This is the Swordplay Colosseum," explained Dane. "This is where the Mii Swordfighters practice sparring against each other. It is also where most of your training will be taking place."

Chester grinned at the sight of the Colosseum. "Not bad," he said.

The two Miis walk up a large metal ramp that leads up to the Colosseum. As they walk up the ramp, Chester sees that in the middle of the Colosseum is a large platform surrounded by two rows of seats, separated by a long drop down to the ocean below. Both Dane and Chester see a man with dark brown skin, blue eyes, black hair with dreadlocks, and a beard.  He was wearing a green ninja suit fighting a bunch of young Miis wearing kendo armour. Despite being outnumbered, the man in green was actually taking them all down and one-by-one, the younger Miis were knocked off the platform and into some safety nets surrounding the platform.

"*sigh* I thought I taught you guys better than that," the man said. " Alright, take five everybody."

The younger Miis crawl across the nets to some ropes attached to the lower row of seats. They climb up them and go to their bags for a break. They were clearly exhausted from the sparring session.

"...and that, is Anthony Wilde," said Dane "He's the Mii Trainer for Wuhu Island and a former Mii Swordfighter. Retired after he was the runner-up of the 2015 tournament. He wanted to go out on top of his game."

"Cooooool," said Chester, in awe. "... wait, if he retired in 2015, who was the swordfighter last year?"

"Uh, well..." Dane paused

"We don't talk about that in here," a voice said from behind the duo, making them jump in freight. It was Anthony behind them.

"WHOA! Holy cow!" shrieked Chester.

"AAH!" cried Dane. "Dude! I've had enough heart attacks for one day!"

"I was testing your vigilance," said Anthony "You haven't made much progress since last time."

"Well if you didn't notice, I've been a bit busy lately." pointed out Dane. Anthony then glances over to the young cowboy.

"I can see that," said Anthony.

"Yeah," replied Dane. He decided to take a step back so Chester and Anthony could interact. "Anthony, this is Chester Gargan, the guy I told you about."

"I remember," replied Anthony. He takes a step towards Chester.

"Um, howdy Ninja Man..." said Chester, nervously.

"So, you're my new replacement for the Super Smash Bros. Invitational?" asked Anthony.

"Um, yeah, I guess I am-" Chester was then interrupted by Anthony.

"Not yet, you're not," he said. "You've got a lot of training and trials to complete before you can even hope to compete with the veteran brawlers of this tournament."