Chapter 6: Three Lucky Fighters

Hi everyone, this is toadly1998. I must apologise for the delay of this chapter. Due to being busy in real life, and while working on a new story, I've been having trouble working on this story.

Don't worry. This doesn't mean Cheesygarlicman and I are gonna can this. It just means that the release of chapters probably won't be as frequent as they were in the past.

Anyway, enough about that. ...on with the story!

-----------------------------------

Chester and Dane's time spent on the remaining three days of training has been very helpful. On their second day of training, Chester and Dane have a sparring match with each other, with Dane, unsurprisingly, emerging as the victor. The next day, Sonic decided to help Dane out by having a little fun with Chester... by stealing his hat again, much to Dane's amusement. Finally, on the last day of training, Chester practised his swordplay with Link while Anthony was giving Dane some advice on mentoring Chester.

Now, the day has finally come. The Super Smash Bros. Invitational starts today. Over at the Cocoba Hotel, Chester is busy preparing himself for the Trials. He first brushes his hair, then his teeth. After that, he grabs his sword and scabbard, his boots, and finally his hat. Chester walks over to the mirror to see how he looks. He smiles.

"This should be fun," said Chester.

Immediately after that, a knock is heard on Chester's room door. Chester had a feeling that it was Dane knocking.

"Yo, Chess," called Dane, behind the door.

"It's open," replied Chester.

The door opens with Dane appearing from the outside with a confident grin.

"Are you ready to go?" asked Dane.

"More than ready," answered Chester. His stomach grumbles soon afterwards, making him chuckle a little bit.

"Uh...any idea what we can have for breakfast?" he asked

"Well, we've been prepping for the trials and tournament today, so there's only one right answer," answered Dane, confidently

We now cut to the outside of the restaurant known as Rogen's Delight, which was one of the spots Dane showed Chester on their tour of Wuhu Town. Inside the restaurant, Chester and Dane are busy looking at the menu. Chester sees an item on the menu that intrigues him.

"Oooh, biscuits and gravy!" he said.

Dane also sees something that he would like. "I've got my eyes on the hashbrowns," he said.

"Sounds good," replied Chester. He puts his hand up to signal the chef, who just so happens to be the man who created the restaurant, Chef Rogen.

"Two hashbrowns please!" called Chester.

"Two hashbrowns coming up," said Chef Rogen.

"That goes for me too," added Dane.

"Aaand two more."

Behind the two Miis, there is another customer who appears to be having some er... noodles for breakfast? The customer sees Chef Rogen, who is about to re-enter the kitchen to make Dane and Chester's breakfast.

"Man, the food here sucks!" exclaimed the customer, slamming his utensils onto the table.

Rogen, Dane and Chester overhear the customer and turn around to look at him. Chef Rogen slowly walks over to the customer.

"Oh boy. Now he's done it," whispered Dane.

Rogen draws closer to the disgruntled customer, "What did you just say?"