VIII

"What the hell? Did you guys go to his house and have sex?" She said sitting in the dark drinking my damn Chardonnay.
"No chocolaty I feel asleep in the car." I said removing my heels and Cardigan. "Mhm well tell me everything. And bitch are you drunk?" I nodded.

"A little bit and no I ain't let him put nothing in my drink girl." I came next to her on the couch and laid down. "He took me to The Varnish. He was a nice guy and he's handsome. The food was great and we danced in the middle of the street to Boyz II Men. Then we kissed twice and he brought me back home. I had fun."

"Awe I think you're in love." She took another sip. "I wouldn't say that. You staying over here?" I said realizing she had on my clothes. She nodded. "I haven't stayed the night at my house since Drew stole from me. I might move outta there."

"Be my roommate. Your always welcome here and I been meaning to tell you about my sister and I but come into my room I need to shower."

I stripped off my clothes and sat in the bathtub as Ava sat on the toilet. We were close like that.

I decided to not tell Ava about the money because who knows if she's completely over Drew she might run her mouth and tell him that I have money then that's my ass. "Me and my sister kinda rekindled. She told her father how my mother had been keeping me in the dark and he's planning on divorcing her."

"Damn that quick?" I nodded my head. "I can't believe it either." I said bathing myself. We both looked over to the counter as my phone buzzed. "Somebody named Xavier with a red heart texted you. Who's that?" This girl was nosy. "Xavier is Macdaddy's real name."

"Girl you like him! Yes you do don't say you don't. He text you and said he had a wonderful time and he wants to see you again." I blushed. "Uh uh it be the Friends fault while we be catching feelings fast cause y'all be like 'y'all cute' and all that bullshit. Don't set me up for failure."

Drew.

I walked to Ava's apartment and knocked on the door

I walked to Ava's apartment and knocked on the door. I went to the windows and looks inside and seen if she was there but all the lights were off and her car was gone.

I automatically knew where she was so I put Hazel's address in my phone and drove off.

I was angry by the time I arrived there nexus I told this damn girl to stop talking to this bitch but she never listens. I pounded on the door and waiting for a response. "What the fuck you doing at my door?" I rolled my eyes. "Look bitch ain't nobody come here for you I'm looking for Ava and I know she here to tell her I said lets go." I seen Ava appear in the doorway. "Nigga we done! And I want my damn money back." I tried to push my way in but Hazel pushed me back. "You need to leave."

Hazel. 10:30am.
I woke up with Xavier on my mind and I guess I was on his too. On my notifications it told me he texted me 30 minutes ago. I texted back.

10:00 Xavier❤️: Goodmorning! You wanna get breakfast or something?

10:31 Hazel:Sorry I just woke up lol and yeah I'll go if you haven't already.

10:32 Xavier❤️: ye, we can meet at the ihop in 10.

10:32 Hazel:See you there.

After showering and doing my hygiene I put on my outfit and headed out the door.

I pulled up in my Dodge Challenger and walked inside to see Xavier waiting in a booth

I pulled up in my Dodge Challenger and walked inside to see Xavier waiting in a booth. I let the hostess know and headed over to him and sat down. He handed me a menu. "You look pretty." I blushed. "Thank you. You look handsome. He had on a white Tommy Hilfiger shirt on, red basketball shorts and white new balance on.

"You be up early often?" I asked him as I examined my menu. "Yes I have too. I own a business." Just then the water came up. "Hey my name is Nala I will be serving you today what can I get you guys to drink?"

"I'll take an orange juice." I said still looking at my menu. "I'll take a Dr. Pepper."

We finished eating and we went outside and sat in my car. "You okay?" He asked me. "Yeah. For a minute I'm going to be in Jamaica for a few days with Ava and my father."