ONE ~ THE FIRST MEET.......

BHARATPUR RAILWAY STATION

SONAKSHI'S P.O.V.

Beti bachao, beti padhao!!!!!

Save girl child!!!!!

Equal rights for women!!!!!!

These are things to be heard, said, and admired............the politicians say these statements and earn a lot of claps and cheers from their audience, but no one knows the reality behind the scenes.........the stark reality is what I have been facing everyday in my life, all through these years..........in our family, women are still considered as a second graded species........the males of my family say, women should stay within their limits, they aren't suppose to fly high!!!!!!

But despite this fact, I dared to lie to my family and take up medicine.........only my mom and my bhai know about my medical career.........all the others in the family feel I have been staying at the hostel just for the sake of completing my basic graduation in B.COM..........I know there will be an explosion when they will come to know about this, but I care less.........all I know is I'm not doing anything wrong and as long as my Mom and brother support me, I will continue pursuing my dreams.........

My dad is the ruling politician of Rajasthan, it's not that I don't like him or despise him as such.........it's just that I don't approve about his ideologies about women........coz I feel women are none less than men.........they can work on par with men and can earn as much as the boys earn these days........it's only that they need a chance, an opportunity...........something which they get very less, just because some egoistic males cannot see women excel them........

Now you must be wondering why I chose to be a doctor.......well it so happened that Maa fell extremely sick when I was 5 or so..........now Baba didn't have time to take her to the city hospital, so he would summon a different vaid (local doctor) everyday........all they would is crush some leaves in a bowl and feed that juice to Maa.........she kept suffering for a month or so, before getting back to good health..........

That's when I vowed to be a doctor.........if not anyone else, I could atleast treat Maa........but Baba never approved of my aspirations........he felt girls should do their basic graduation and then be married off........he believed girls would look better in the kitchen behind the stove rather than in the hospital behind the x-ray machine..........and that's the reason why I have been lying at home about my graduation........

My elder brother, Ranveer bhaisa, also feels the same..........he himself got married to an illiterate women for two simple reasons...........one, she is beautiful, extremely beautiful.........and two, the most important one, she was illiterate..........

Shaurya Bhai has been on my side right from the beginning...........he always found ways to pamper me, but people around say his character isn't good..........but I don't believe in what they say..........coz I know my Bhai is the best........and I will always be there for him......