Chapter: 4

Enjoy the chapter! 🌻💛

==========

The next morning Archie came into the garage to wake up the twins. He walked over to the couch which Jughead was sleeping on. "Juggy, Jug wake up we have to go to Pops." Archie says moving Jugheads knees. Jughead wakes up. He turns to his side to where his sister was sleeping. "Del, wake up we have to go to Pops." He says as he moves her shoulder to wake her up. She grones and finally wakes up.

-

At Pops the three teens sat on one side of the booth.  Archie on the window side and Delta on the open side. Archie's Mom was across from them. Delta was leaned back in the booth with her arms crossed the whole time they were talking to Archie's Mom.

"Archie asked me to look into your father's case. I went down to the station, and passed myself off as his attorney to try to get as much information as I could." Mary said as she opens the file with papers in it. "How's it looking, Mom?" Archie asks.

"Well, unfortunately, between FP's list of priors, the anonymous tip, and the possession of the murder weapon Don't forget that pesky confession. Things look pretty bad. I was with him all night, and he never once budged from his story." Mary tells the three teens. Jughead then sits up.

"Well, if nothing else, at least he's an honest murderer." Jughead says. "Jug." Delta and Archie say at the same time. "Right?" Jughead says with a little laugh.

"Oh, also, who is Joaquin DeSantos?" Mary asks. Delta then sits up when she hears his name.

"Joaquin? As in Kevin's boyfriend?" Archie says confused. "He was FP's one phone call." Delta and Jughead both look at each other in confusion.

"Jughead, Delta, my advice to you is, go and see your father. Tell him everything you wanna say. Once he's arraigned, things tend to move pretty quickly, and there won't be anything left to do. So, this might be your last chance."  Mary tells the twins.

-

Both Delta and Jughead stood in the room next to the cell their dad was in. Jughead did most of the talking since it's was hard for Delta to see her dad in a jail cell.

"When Archie told me about his little plan to help you, get you on your feet, and working with Fred, deep down, I knew it was a mistake." Jughead says as he leans against a table. Delta was against the wall listening to the whole thing.

"Should have listened to your gut." Their dad says.

"You really had me." Jughead says. He then let out a deep breath. Tears began to fill his eyes. Delta then begins to speck.

"Cleaning the trailer. Convincing me that you had quit drinking. I was so happy, for the first time in so long. You paid attention to us Dad." Delta says as tears fall down her face.

"Let's be honest. The only reason you even read my manuscript about Jason's murder, was to make sure I wasn't onto you. And you didn't want to take me to Toledo to get the family back together. You wanted to get away. You wanted to run away." Jughead says.

"I did what I had to do! What I always do!" Fp yells. Delta begins to get scared about what he would say. More tears began to fall down her face. Jughead then stops leaning against the table and walks to the other side of the room.

"Are you even sorry?" Jughead says. Delta then try's to grab Jughead and pull him away a little bit, he nudged her back. FP then gets up from off the bed and walks over to where Jughead is standing.

"Sorry I got caught. We done?" Their Dad says looking at Jughead. Jughead then turns around and walks.

"Look at me, Jughead! Never come back here! Both of you. Understand?" Fp says. As Jughead turns around. The room was quiet for a few seconds.

"Got it." Jughead says before he storms out of the room. Delta was still in the room. "Dad.." she says quietly as tears are still rolling down her face.

"Del. Listen to me and leave. Stay with your brother." He says looking into her bright green eyes. Her face was wet from tears. Delta then nods and slowly walks out of the room.

-

The next day at school Delta was talking in the hall with her best friend Ava.

"Ava, I know he is hiding something. He wouldn't just push us away like that." Delta tells Ava.

"That is weird Del." Ava says.

"Ya, but how do w-" Delta stops as her brother comes running down the hall and grabbing her. "Sorry Ava." She yells from down the hall. "Jughead, what the hell?!" She says as she's still being dragged by her brother through the hall.

"We have to go meet Kevin." He says. "What, why?" She says. "I don't know, but it's suppose to help up." He says as he finally lets go off her jacket.

-

Kevin, Betty, Jughead, and Delta are all searching for a bag by a sign. There all holding flash light walking in the dark on the side of the road. Jughead was in front actually looking. While Betty and Kevin are behind him talking. Delta is behind them all wondering why she has to be here. Suddenly Jughead says something.

"Right here." He says. There's is a pile of sticks. Jughead clears them and under them is a bag. He pulls its and unzips it. He then pulls out Jason's varsity jacket. We are all quiet.

==========

Thanks for reading this chapter! 🌻💛