"Pass the beans, bitch"

Gee's p.o.v

"Well, what about Ginny? Like the old book mom used to read us?" Mikey suggested, fingers twitching as he paced.

"No... But that's close." We were trying to decide a new name for me, and then the really sketchy looking man inside the store would give me a new new name. I don't want my new name to be based off 'Gerard.' I don't want it to be something I'm not.

I've know for a very long time that I'm not Gerard. It had started in 1st grade, when I wore a princess dress to my best friends birthday part and I was informed that I was a boy and boy cant wear dresses 

Of course it wasn't until 4th grade when our mom decided to have that discussion with me.

Many years before

"So Gee, your teacher tells me that you like to pretend you're a girl?" Momma asked softly.

I nodded, unsure of whether or not I was in trouble.

"Do you think that you're a girl?" I frowned as I though about that. I didn't wanna be a boy. I didn't wanna grow up and marry a girl. When I do get married I want to be the one wearing the pretty dress. I want to be the one who walks down the isle. I don't want to grow up and have an itchy beard. I wanna be pretty. I wanna be like mommy. I wanna be a mommy, too.

"I...  I don't have girl parts."  I told her simply. 

She thought for a moment. "Does that make you sad? Do you wish you had girl parts or do you like having boy parts and wearing dresses."

I thought about that. I liked wearing dresses and I liked when Momma brushed my pretty hair or let me do her makeup. 

"No. I don' like my boy parts. It's gross!"  I told her, wiping away my tears so Momma wouldn't see my cry and be worried.

Momma just nodded and smiled. And then, with tears in her eyes, "I always wanted a little girl."

"Gee? Are you okay?" Mikey asked shaking my shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, and I think I know my name. Ginevra." We shared a look. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't respond. Then, silently he slid out of the car.

Walking into the store, which is more of a large shed if we're being honest, we turned to the greasy man behind the counter. He looked me up and down, with a small smirk.

"Name?"

I took a deep breath. "Ginevra Way." he grinned.

"Well Party Poison, welcome to the zones."