Civil War of Fairy Tail

It was just a matter of seconds but to Naruto it was like of all eternity. He watched closely as his hand comes close to the barrier. Then it happened, his hand reached the barrier. He bowed and dropped his hands on the side. He stood motionless in front of it and he felt anger beyond anything.

'I can't believe this. I can't go and fight Laxus... I sound like Natsu and Gajeel,' he thought.

"Naruto? What's wrong? I thought you were going to join the fight already! Why are you just standing there? Oh you want to fight me first? Come on, let's do it! I still want a match with you." Natsu exclaimed.

"Idiot… this isn't a game. And it's not that I don't want to get out… Let me just show you." Naruto said as he formed his hand into fist and then punched hard towards the barrier.

To everyone's shock instead of his hand going through the barrier, they heard a loud bang like a fist hitting a concrete wall.

"What the hell?" was all Makarov could say as he looked at Naruto's fist being stopped by the barrier.

"I told you jii-chan there is something wrong with this spell. Look even Naruto couldn't go out of it. There must be something up with this!" Natsu exclaimed as he pointed at the barrier.

"No that's impossible! This kind of magic is absolute, especially with Freed being the one who cast it. He is a master of this magic." Makarov answered.

"Then maybe he hid another kind of rule in it… Like anyone who is A-class and above mage isn't allowed to go out." Reedus suggested.

"No that won't be possible since Gray and Elfman were able to go out, and they are probably as strong as Natsu…" Makarov trailed off as he tried to think deeply through this ordeal.

"No… There is nothing wrong with the barrier, the rules are what it is. There was no hidden meaning to it." Naruto cut in.

"What are you suggesting?" Makarov asked.

"Simple, the barrier thinks that Natsu and I are more than 80 years old. Gajeel will most likely not be able to get through the barrier since Natsu and him are dragon slayers." Naruto answered.

"What the hell? I sure am not more than 80 years old and don't even think I am a stone statue." Natsu exclaimed.

"Are you sure about that?" Naruto asked.

"I'm afraid we can't follow what you are implying." Makarov said.

"A dragon's life is very long. You lived with Igneel from the beginning. In that time, were you able to go and see other people? Were you able to go anywhere other than the place where you live? And most importantly, are you sure you were able to count the days and years right? Afterall, you never saw or heard of a clock and a calendar until Igneel left." Naruto said.

"Are you saying I was living with Igneel for more than 80 years without me knowing and my aging was slowed until he left?" Natsu asked.

"That is something only Igneel knows." Naruto answered.

"Then what about you? Don't tell me you were also raised by a dragon." Natsu asked.

"No, I wasn't raised by a dragon. I was taught it magic though, it must think I'm as old as the dragon because of it." Naruto answered.

"That is so cool, you have to fight me!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Now is not the time you eldery moron." Naruto answered dismissively.

"Winner: Alzack!" The barrier announced.

"It looks like the match was over." Naruto said.