•Death•

Amara.

    The morning light sipped in through my curtain and I shielded my face from its assault. I yawned as I slowly took in the events of last night, it had been my only chance to escape but that stupid man had ruined it all.

   I felt a shape pain in my stomach and I stood up and headed for the bathroom, there was only one reason why my stomach should hurt this bad and I didn't need a freaking soothsayer to tell me why.

I did my business, washed up properly and wore a sanitary pad, I didn't enjoy this part of the month but I had to live with it regardless, even though it hurts and made me feel so terrible.

I made a quick motion of dressing my bed and when the sheets didn't straighten out I threw the pillows on the bed frustrated and wadded out of my room.

Hello cranky me! I internally waved at my cranky side.

As I came downstairs I noticed that the house was very quiet, maybe they were out or something.
I didn't have much to do this morning so I decided to check up on Tanya, she was the closest thing to family that I have got.

Since my stay here for two years now, I had almost forgotten what if felt like to be me, I have done things I wouldn't usually do, flirted with men, drank all kind of drinks, party all the time and Tanya was the one who pulled the string that reminded me of who I was.

I reached her door which had a bold writing that read, "KEEP OFF! I AIN'T IN BITCH." I smiled a little because I knew it was never true because Tanya was always in, unless she was working. I knocked and I didn't get a reply, I checked my time and it was 7:40 in the morning.

There no freaking way Tanya was up from her bed this early.

I kept knocking and when no one was answering, I knew something was up. Gingerly I  tried the door knob and it creaked open effortlessly.

I was shocked at what happened, because she never leaves the door open, no matter the emergency. I took a step in and the room was so clean and spot free, I couldn't help but cringe I hope to God I leave this place without spilling anything.

I was a hot walking mess.

As I stood at the centre of the room I heard the tap running in the bathroom, thinking Tanya may have forgotten it and left in a hurry which was unlikely, I pulled open the bathroom door and my eyes landed on Tanya who was soaking in her bathtub.

My eyes widened and I rushed towards her, she looked up at me and I could tell that she had been crying.
"What the hell happened to you Tanya? Why didn't you answer the door!" I shouted.

She placed her index finger on my lips. "Sshh babe! Keep it low, you scream like a banshee."

I made an attempt to whisper. "What's wrong with you? You're fucking crying."

Tanya rose up from the water and grabbed a towel from the stand beside the tub. She wrapped it around herself and walked into her bedroom, and I followed closely behind.

"I got the call at exactly 5:00 this morning, at first I didn't want to pick it up but when I saw the number that called I sprang out of bed and answered the phone.".

"Who called you Tanya? And what did they say?" I asked inquisitively.

Tanya looked at me and I could see tears well up in her eyes.

Shit! This wasn't good, Tanya had never showed emotions openly. I didn't know if I should console her or not, I needed to know what happened.

"Amara, the boss has fallen. Roberto Ernesto was cut open like a damn fish! He died this morning."

I blinked once, twice and my hands flew to my mouth at once. I was filled with terror, he was fine just last night!.

"That can't be true! No! How did it happen Tanya? Who killed Roberto?" I had my hands on my head as i shook it in denial.

Tanya pulled me into a hug and I cried and released silent screams. I thought I didn't have any sort of attachment with these people but I was damn wrong!

When I was able to control myself I asked Tanya the question, which answers I needed to hear. "Tell me how it all happened."

"He was assassinated in his bed this morning, the boys said that the meeting went fine and both parties were satisfied with the outcome. When they got to the hotel the boss had retired early saying that he had a headache, when Cristo had asked to follow him, he told them to enjoy themselves."

"So what happened next?"

"According to what Cristo said, their drinks were spiked and they didn't remember anything when they woke up. They rushed to the boss's room and he was already dead, he was a mangled mess Amara."

"Jeez! So we don't know the killer? This is bullshit Tanya! Completely unacceptable."

"I know. We have to be careful from now onwards. Things are going to change."

"Change to what Tanya?"

"Change into another hands."

"I bet Fabio or Paolo would be the one to take the seat. They are the closest to the boss. Kill me now, urgh! Those assholes can't possibly take it."

"They will fight for it, but it is a battle they can't win my dear."

"What makes you think that Tanya? Those guys are very cunning and mean, they know just what to do to get what they want. God bless your soul Roberto you will---"

"Listen girl! None of them are taking his position."

"What?"

"Sebastian is next in line." She smiled as the words left her lips.

I looked at her in confusion, which Sebastian was she talking about?. "Who is this Sebastian you talking about Tanya?"

"Sebastian Ernesto, the boss's rightful heir."

My mouth dropped open in surprise. This was some sizzling  hot news.

________Thanks for reading, please vote👍 and leave a comment. Thanks ✌_______✏