Chapter 8 - Rain Over Me

First and foremost, i want to thank all of the fans for your support. 5300+ reads on the story to date, that is amazing!! I hope you will like the upcoming chapters.

To all the fans out there, thank you so much for your patient wait. I had a lot of ideas i wanted to cover and hopefully it was worth the wait. The song on the side is for the end of the chapter, so i hope you all enjoy its meaning regarding that scene. Anyone interested in the lyrics the link is below.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/rain-over-me-lyrics-pitbull.html

Hope you enjoy my chapter and happy reading.

Thanks,

Aerynsun

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@2012 Aerynsun All Rights Reserved

Edited by @psdoffhby

Fiery Passions
Chapter 8

Quinn saw Scott leave and finally relaxed, knowing Scott was ok, and would do as ordered.  He was one of his best firefighters and he needed him well and sound in his crew.  He took a seat in the waiting room area and waited for Sam to finish getting dressed after all she was now his responsibility.

Inside Room A, Sam sat on her hospital bed slowly but surely.   The nurse assigned to help her came to her side of the bed.   She was young, in her mid-twenties, with brown black hair and pretty blue eyes.  She was about 5'4", the same height as Samanta.   With a tone filled with concern, she looked at Samanta and said:

"Hi Samanta...I am Ely, Do you need help?"

 "Nice to meet you, Ely. Could you hand me my clothes, they are over there on that chair?"

"Here you go, Sam”  Ely spoke, her warm voice soothing Samanta's nerves.

"Thanks"

Slowly, Samanta dressed while the nurse handed her the pieces of clothing.  Once finished she walked up to the door, with the nurse walking close behind her.  Right in front of it, she came to a halt, her head lowered as her hand rested on the door knob.  

Samanta was apprehensive of taking the next steps into the unknown future.  She took a deep breath with her eyes closed, lifted her head, opening the door and her eyes hoping for the best.

Once outside, Samanta headed up to the nurse's station. There she asked for the papers she need to sign.  It was all taken care of the nurses told her.  She lifted her head and said thanks to the nurses in the station, especially Nurse Lucy and Ely.  

She then turned around and looked into the waiting room area in front of the nurse's station.  There was Quinn drinking his coffee, his posture relaxed.  She looked around for Scott, hoping to see him again.  The small smile etched on her face upon the thought of seeing him again, disappeared instantly when his face was nowhere to be found.  In its place, a mask of no emotions covered her face, hiding the disappointment of not seeing him.  The apprehension she had pushed to the back of her mind, started to resurface.  Slowly a frown crept on her face as she lowered her head walking in Quinn's direction.

Quinn, who had noticed the sudden change on her face, approached Samanta with a small hint of a smile and asked:

"Are we ready to go?"

"Si" she answered as he watched him place his hat on his head.

"Ok let me get your things and we will go".  He said as he reached out with his hand and took the plastic bag out of her hand.