chapter three

003

"I'm not into girls if you know what I mean."

Baekhyun's words resonate in her ears as she sits in front of him at the cafe. 'He's gay?' is the first thing that lands on her mind as she stares at him, astonished by how honest and indifferent he is when it comes to that subject.

Taeyeon didn't have anything against it, but the Korean society did. And from her point of view, it's an issue that should be solved since the whole world was approving and embracing homosexuality, so why not even South Koreans?

Actually, it isn't the only problem that needs to be solved in their country. There was racism,sexism, anti-feminism and a whole list of other things that need to be reflected on.

Back to Baekhyun; a male waiter walks over to them and she steals glances at him trying to see if he has any kind of reaction in front of a guy, but she gets nothing, besides Baekhyun cutely gazing at her while asking,"What are you going to drink?"

"A nut cappuccino please." Taeyeon looks up to the waiter, who nods before turning around and starting to walk. "Oh, and," Baekhyun says it loud enough for the waiter to crane his neck. "Two summer raspberry cakes." The waiter shoots an understanding look towards Baekhyun and he leaves, with both of them stuck in the silence, a not-so awkward silence,but still comfortable.

Taeyeon has always wanted to know what it feels like to communicate with people from the LGBTQ+ community and have a friend who was among them. She was someone who loved to learn through people, their stories, their lifestyle and discover new things through them.

"So, what is your relationship with Irene?" Baekhyun asks out of the blue, leaning back on his chair with one of his arms stretched out over the table. "She's my cousin." She replies, crossing her arms. "What about you and Sehun?"

"We're friends."He answers and Taeyeon sees a glimpse of nervousness in his eyes. "How can you be the guardian of a friend?" Taeyeon leans forward, deciding that it's better for both of them if she loosens up.

"He needed someone to be his guardian, and I agreed to do that." Baekhyun says and she nods, putting her elbow on the table and resting her face against her palm. Taeyeon starts yawning, but quickly covers her mouth with her free hand before seeing Baekhyun smirk, an amused smirk. "Haven't you slept enough?"

"I overslept." She briefly answers and his smile widens.

"Good for you." Taeyeon hears him say but ignores it since the waiter comes with their order in a tray. He slowly deposes her cappuccino in front of her, along with a summer raspberry cake that she didn't order -it was Baekhyun who did, but nevertheless she isn't going to refuse it; it looks delicious as hell.

"Enjoy." The waiter says in an inviting tone and disappears from their sight seconds later. "It's one of my favorites, I hope you'll like it." Baekhyun whispers before shoving the piece of cake that's stuck to the fork in his mouth, and Taeyeon can't help but think how cute he is when he eats.

This time, it's her that tastes it, and she must admit that it's really good. "It's delicious." Taeyeon states and Baekhyun smirks, "I told you."

"You only said it was one of your favorites, you didn't say it was delicious." Taeyeon starts indirectly teasing him and the 'I am a victim' expression that paints his face is exactly the one she wanted to see when she did it.

"Do I look like someone who will like something that isn't delicious?" Baekhyun points to himself, faking annoyance, and she explodes in laughter, with him joining her.

"Hello." A man is now standing next to them, and he seems to be younger than Baekhyun, yet as much as attractive as him. "I hope that you like it here."