Story 1- Chapter 2

- Story 1-

Chapter 2

Sixteenth Day :

Fifteen days. Fifteen days to the marriage. Things had changed pretty much. I did not have to smile all the time. I had got used to the ways of the house. He wasn't talking in just monosyllables or phrases. There were short paragraphs now. We slept on the same bed, we spoke much more, though usually on topics related to work and work. But still the change was welcome. Seven days had changed a lot. 

But still some things continued. He was still the perfect gentleman who seemed forced to be with a woman in his room. The entire week I bought those single roses and gave them to him. It had become more like a chore of the day. 

My eyes became alert as we arrived at the signal where the woman who sold roses came to my window. I was already prepared with the money in my fist. 

Something pleasantly surprising happened. While I looked out of the window, trying to catch a glimpse of the familiar face. Not a single, but a bunch of those roses appeared before me. He smiled as I followed the bunch to his hand and finally to his eyes. They shone. "For you!" He said.

I smiled unable to even thank him at the moment while outside his window stood the woman giving me a wide smile. This man had bought all the roses for me. Looking at them I waved to the woman as we drove off.

"Thank you!" I said once we began walking down the passageway carrying those flowers in hand. I swear, I saw his eyes shining. 

Not bad after all!

I sat with old Mr. Gill, his assistant on the rear table in his office, typing away the summary. He was a nice old fellow. Full of life. He was the only one I could talk my heart out to. The others seemed reserved. He told me about his experience and hilarious things that happened at work. But today the two of us sat silently. We were in his office and he preferred working in a strict disciplined environment. So the two of us sat silently working, exchanging knowing glances. 

What caught my attention after a while was him stealing glances at us. Butterflies? There was an entire zoo in my stomach. A crowd of crazy animals making a noise. Man, with his speed our first heart to heart conversation would be on our three month anniversary, our first touch on our six month anniversary, our first kiss on nine month anniversary and things beyond that only after a year!