His Other Half - Part 1

I stare at my phone in disbelief. This cannot be happening. No, Keemstar did not just request to follow me on instagrm. So, why am I in complete denial? Well, let me enlighten you. It all happened a total of 5 seconds ago, when my phone dinged. Of course, I take it out so I can check who is disturbing me in the middle of a very intense Monopoly game against my four roommates.

Initially, I was overjoyed to see this person had messaged me; my little brother, Zac, never messages me. He always says it costs way too much to message me from Canada, even though he's got my Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and e-mail.

But anyway, I opened the text message from Zac, reading it with a giant smile on my face since the last time we contacted each other was... Um, let's not talk about back then.

To: You
From: My Baby Brother ♡
Yo, what's up! That was wierd. Anyway, how's England hanging for you? Dad wanted me to tell you to pick him up from the airport at some point today. Bye, Ari! Love you! X
Received 8:06 am

Please don't ask why I'm playing Monopoly at eight in the morning. I'll tell you this, it includes a glass of strawberry flavoured water and a rainbow lava lamp.

To: My Baby Brother ♡
From: You
Hi baby bro! What do you mean Dad wants me to pick him up? X
Received 8:07 am

To: You
From: My Baby Brother ♡
I mean, he and Craig got on an airplane to England at some point yesterday and is arriving in England to visit you! I don't want to spend my college fund, so I'm going to ignore you now! Love you! X
Received 8:07 am

"Okay, boys!" I announce loudly. I try to murder the uncertainty in my voice but, since I'm literally dying of anxiety about my father's visit, it remains lodged between my syllables. "You've got to be on your best behavior until further notice."

Archie, the first to react, pipes up quickly, "What do you mean? If by 'best behaviour' you're hinting no alcohol, then I'm leaving and never turning back."

Callum seems less affected than Archie, replying with a simple, "Yeah, sure."

To be honest, Callum's caused me the least trouble so far. I'll admit, we've only been moved in together for two weeks. But, during those weeks, Archie had given me too much tequila, Liam had broken the TV with a simple press of the power button, and Tayum had threatened Ms Green multiple times while drunk. Callum hasn't done anything newspaper worthy yet. But will that change?

No. No, it won't.

"What do you mean? What's happening?" Liam says as he attempts to sneakily take a few notes from the bank next to him. Tayum spots him and violently whacks his hand, making him recoil back to his spot on the floor and hold his hand to his chest protectively.

"I mean I need to get to the airport. Fast."

Tayum stands up and pulls me to my feet. "Get your shoes on, we're going there in style."

"What the fuck are you on about? You can't drive, and you think the Ford Fiesta is the best car on the market - which it isn't!"

He pulls his own sneakers and jacket on and pulls out a green card from his pocket. He shows it to me, all Yu-Gi-Oh style, then slips it away again.

"The bus," he says quietly with a smirk on his face, "we're taking the public bus."

Woosh! And we're standing in front of the bus stop. No, we didn't just teleport here like some kinda demon. It took us about a 5 minute walk, so put that pen down and stop writing an alternate story of Twilight but with Tayum and I. Okay? Let's continue.