A Queen Is Crowned

".....Queen of Zariya"

Everyone cheered and clapped around me. I stood completely still with widened eyes and jaw dropped. Me. A Queen. The clapping had stopped and everyone was looking at me.

"Come now honey I have a gift for you." My father said happily while guiding me up the stairs.

"I don't understand.... What's going on?" I said in complete disbelief and confusion

"Carma, you are now the queen of Zariya. I wanted you talk you earlier but we had you wait until you turned 16." My mom said warmly

I started to help dizzy and everything was shaking. I started to wobble slightly and everything started to fade. I heard the gasps drink the crowd add everything went dark.
...And then nothing....

I woke up in the morning dressed in pajamas.

"Woah what a weird dream"

I head downstairs for breakfast. I walk into the morning to see my family dressed in Royal attire.

"It wasn't a dream..." I whispered to myself.

"Oh Carma you're up" Jason said with a smile

"What's going on? Why are you guys dressed so... Royally....?" I said hoping they were just playing a prank on me

My parents exchanged glances for a few moments.

"Honey why don't you take a seat, eat something" my father said calmly while making me a plate. I sat at the table and began to sit down while my mom and dad began to explain what was happening.

My dad spoke first, "Carma you are not the girl you think you are. You are royalty. You were the former princess of Zariya, but now you are the reigning queen."

"How come you guys never told me?" I said with curiosity while eating my scrambled eggs

"It was for your safety. That's why we moved here."

My mother grabbed my hand in hers softly and looked into my eyes.

"You see honey our family is cursed, well... Our blood is. A very long time ago, your ancestors had gotten themselves into trouble with another kingdom, the kingdom of Golia and sent themselves to war. We won. Understandably, the king wasn't happy with that. So as revenge they used a sorcerer to put a curse in our blood line. He was the only one who knew how to take away the curse, but he died many years ago" She said with slight shake in her voice.

"What does this curse do?" I said feeling my heart drop to my feet in fear

"It brings terrible danger and bad luck upon our family. That's why we moved here the curse isn't that powerful over here, that's why we don't get as much bad luck."Jason said while clearing the dishes.

"We didn't go back so we could keep you safe...but now we don't have a choice... Zariya is in danger of being taken over by the king of Golia, and it needs its queen to be there." My father says sternly but in a slight worried tone.

"Here take these, these are the clothes you'll be wearing when you arrive at the castle. You must get ready the royal guards will be here soon."