My Love

40's era m
Song: my love by Justin Timberlake
-----------------------------------------------------------------
- Steve pov -

  I walk up stairs to my apartment, I unlock the door walking inside. Hanging up my coat and undoing my tie. I sigh softly, I hear loud humming from the bathroom.
" ah hello buck so glad to hear about your up and about. " I say sarcastically, buck usually parties at night and he leaves before I get home. It's fine but when I'm awake he's asleep and this vicious cycle of never speaking to one another continues.

It wasn't my fault that I actually wanted the apartment in a good part of town so I was gone all day.  I sigh sitting down on the couch.

“ hello to you too sweetheart “ I hear him say I look up to see him step out of the bathroom in a towel. I look away quickly.

“ no need to to be shy Stevie. It's just me.” he laughs going over to the fridge his back was facing me. Water droplets running down his muscles down beneath his towled waist that hung low on his hips.

‘ god what are you trying to do kill me??’ I thought to myself still staring. I force myself to look away.

“ hey Steve,” he paused setting his bottle of coke down.

“What's up buck?” I asked looking smack at him

“ you know we're still friends right? Even though we don't talk to each other hardly ever anymore, but you are the most important person in my life.” he glanced over at my shocked and blushing face

“ just figured I should say it. I was having doubts you found someone else to hang out with.” he chuckles taking a sip of his coke. Walking over to me he sat down next to me. He brought another bottle with him handing it to me.

“ thank you Bucky. “ I give him a smile before taking a sip of my drink. We sat in silence for about ten minutes.

“ hey Stevie, how would you- I mean if you knew someone- this is way more difficult then anticipated,” he laughs nervously.

“ how would you feel if someone you knew was,” he paused again taking a deep breath before saying

“ if someone you knew was gay?” he bit his lip looking at me,a worried look stretched across his features.

“ I wouldn't care, it's not my business on who that person loves. I don't know why people treat it as a disease, I know it's not. Just because you love differently doesn't mean anything bad.” I give him a calm smile.

“ even if you knew this person for years trying to cover it up by only ever mentioning women and forcing themselves to be with them?”

“ James, I know you're talking about yourself. And I still hold you at a high standard you're my best friend who am I to judge who you love when I love the same way?”

His eyes were glossy, he sniffed and tried to hold back the tears threatening to spill.

“ you know , it's okay to cry. We're at home. No ones going to stop you. “ I touch his shoulder gently. He sniffs again

“ no-no I'm gonna get dressed I'll be right back. “ he kissed my cheek lightly before saying a small ‘I‘m sorry’ and leaving to get dressed.

I touch my cheek were his lips touched. I nibble the inside of my lip.

‘ Steve calm down he might just be like this because he's vulnerable. He probably doesn't like you like that chill out cowboy. ‘

Thought to myself I didn't hear his door open and him walking over until I saw his boots in front of me. I look up, seeing his face wet with tears I stand being shorter then him (of course) I open my arms gesturing for a hug. He practically jumped into my arms. Holding me tight around the waist. He picked me up by my waist walking me into his room, he puts me on the bed first before climbing on the mattress right after. He wrapped his arms around me again, he buried his face in the crook of my neck. He was trying to calm himself down. He was doing well with controlling his breathing, he sniffed every once in awhile. He was laying on his side while I was laying on my back. His left leg crossed over my right hip and thigh.

“ m’ sorry.” I heard him mumble.

“ it's okay buck. Why are you sorry.” I asked

He removed his face moving to hover over me.

“ I'm sorry because I didn't think you'd want to be near me anymore, I'm sorry I was so scared of you. “ he pressed his forehead against mine.

“ I'm with you till the end of the line Steve, you are all I want in a person “ he let out a shaky breath. It matched my own.

“ I love you Bucky.” I say my eyes closed

“ what?” I heard him whisper.

“ I Steven Grant Rodgers, am in love with you, James Buchanan Barnes.” I say my eyes still closed. I felt a soft pair of lips against mine. They didn't move waiting for me to do something. I kiss back putting my hands on his cheeks. After a moment we pull away my hands found their way into Bucky's hair.

“ I love you too, Steve.” he said with a smile pecking my lips once again

“I could tell buck “ I smile back

“ oh could you sweetheart? What about,” he paused before giving me a sly smirk a glint of mischief in his eye.

“Now!” he gripped my hips tightly and bit my neck

“ AH! BUCK! THAT HURT!” I laugh, he smirks against my neck. I felt his lips move kissing the spot sweetly

“ m’ sorry Stevie “ he pulled away giving me a wink rolling over having me on top of him. I blush lightly.

“ I love that little blush because I know that it's only for me. “ he smiled sitting up having me in his lap. Bucky leans in glancing down at my lips before looking back up in my eyes.

“ can I?” he asks.

“ of course “ he kisses me softly pulling away

“ till the end of the line?”

“ til the end of the line. “

(An oh shit it's done hell yeah this took forever but I finally did it!)