26

He hated me.

On the whole limo ride to reception, my thoughts raced. I replayed the moment when I stood at the edge of the forest, holding back a bucketload of tears as Carsir walked away from me. The taste of blood was still fresh in my mouth as I headed back to the Church, a tight smile plastered across my face. I couldn't care about the guests. I only cared about Carsir.

And he hated me.

Alias couldn't keep his hands off me in the limo. He peppered wet kisses onto my neck, pawing at my breasts. I kept still, but my hands trembled as we pulled into the front of the hall, fifteen long minutes later. The guests had arrived before us and I was pulled into the banquet hall. Alias and I were ushered to sitting at our table at the front. Chase sat across from me, a supportive smile on his face. Beside him was Lincoln, who stuck out like a sore thumb, but no one spoke out against a human in our midst. He waved at me and I sent a weak wave back, my attention falling on the empty seat on the other side of me. Carsir wasn't there. I stayed seated as Alias stood, everyone falling silent.

"I would like to thank everyone who attended our wedding upon such short notice. As a toast, let us all raise our glasses," he picked up the flute of champagne in front of him. The audience followed him, "to the union of two people in love." He kissed my hand and sat back down. I took a sip of the drink as dozens of waiters came forth with platters of food.

Plates and plates of food were set down in front of us, but my appetite was long gone. Instead, I ignored the feeling of Alias' hand on my lower back and the lack of Carsir. Appetizers were replaced with the main course. There was a tapping into a microphone that made me look up, startled. Carsir stood at the front, a mic in his hands.

"Good evening everyone. My name is Carsir Zei for those of you who don't know and I was assigned the hefty task to make a speech tonight," Carsir said. There was a scattered laughter among the crowd. He weaved his way through the tables until he stood in front of me and Alias. "There's so much to say about these two lovebirds that I don't know where to start. When I first met Elena, I already knew my father was obsessed with her, I mean, who wouldn't be?" The audience laughed. He stepped around us, making his way back to the center of the room.

"He wanted her and that much was obvious to everyone. I quite liked Elena too, she was funny, smart and absolutely gorgeous," he paused, meeting my eyes, "-my father chose well to say the least. We are all blessed to have her in our lives now and she has changed our lives for the better." Carsir looked away, clearing his throat. "We all have our differences, things that create tension and disturb the peace, but all that can be forgiven, when a pure emotion like love exists."

I swallowed, staring at Carsir, my eyes welling up. "This union was destined to end the violence and have real, everlasting peace. All because of love. So, congratulations to the newly wedded couple," he finished. I clapped, joining the audience, holding back tears. He put the mike down and sat down in his seat beside me.

"Did you like the speech, father?" Carsir asked, spearing a carrot with his fork. Alias hummed, a cool smile on his face. He held my hand on the table, making me still.

"It was quite sentimental. Very good, son," Alias said. The rest of dinner and cutting the cake was a blur. A tension-filled blur as I struggled to deal with Carsir ignoring me and Alias paying me too much attention. It was our first dance. With an empty stomach, Alias pulled me to the dance floor as soft music filled my ears. He held my hand in his, his right hand holding my waist, my free one on his shoulder.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Alias asked, a pleasant smile on his face. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What's tonight?" I inquired, not sure of the point he was trying to make. He laughed, tossing his head back dramatically. I was only more puzzled by his reaction. "What is it?" He lowered his face to mine, touching his lips mine in a soft kiss.

"The night we consummate our marriage, of course," Alias said. My mouth dropped a little, the realization setting into me. I had to have sex with him. "Don't look so surprised, baby. I know you want me." I scowled but schooled my features to be neutral as other couples joined us on the floor.

"I-I don't remember ever telling you that I wanted you," I said, trying to phrase my words to sound as polite as possible. All I wanted to do was smack him across his smug face.

"You didn't need to tell me, sweet Elena. Your body language told me; those flirty looks and the slutty dresses you wore that showed off your every asset," he explained, his hand brushing discreetly over the side of my breasts. "You shamelessly showed off how horny you are for me. You shamelessly showed me how much of a slut you are."

I gasped, stumbling on the hem of my dress. Alias caught me easily, chuckling. "Now, now, princess. You don't want to be falling over your feet for me, now do you?"

"I-I never even chose-"

"May I cut in for a little bit?" A voice asked. I snapped my head back to see Carsir standing behind me. Alias smirked at me, handing me over to his son.

"Can't wait, Elena," Alias said, before walking off. My chest rose and fell quickly in anger as Carsir held my hand and waist. I avoided his gaze and instead stared down at our intertwined hands, my eyes suddenly narrowing at the sight of his bruised knuckles.

"What happened to your hand?" I demanded, brushing my thumb against the raw skin. He winced and shrugged, not replying. "Tell me dammit. Who were you fighting?"

"Myself," he answered. I looked at his face, not understanding his statement. When he didn't elaborate, I sighed. "Did my father say something to you?" I decided to not tell him about Alias' sexual intentions and shook my head, letting go of Carsir's hand.

"I think you should go," I whispered, seeing Chase approach me. Carsir nodded. "See you later?"

"Maybe." Chase cut in, a smile on his face. "Hi, Chase."

"Are you alright? I didn't get to talk to you all night," he said, inspecting me. I chuckled half-heartedly, watching Carsir's retreating form.

"I'll make it. I always do." 

A/N: I hope you all are having an amazing day! Also hope you're enjoying the biweekly updates because I know I am.