Funeral

Jaliyah POV

Chapter 7

We've been in Miami for a week and today was the funeral. Camila and Chloe were both house sitting for us while we gone. Its been a bitter sweet day because although we lost someone that impacted everyones lives for the better he is also back with abuela which makes it better almost. 

Ma hasn't been herself either. Lucy is coming to the funeral too because she was a close friend and since she moved from Miami and Puerto Rico a lot she stayed with mama's family a lot of the time.

"Jay come here let me do your hair." aunt Taylor said. Mama hasn't been around much since we've been here always out partying and stuff, won't come back until the next morning today is one of those days.

"Where is that girl." Grandpa mike said. We had to leave in 30 minutes and she isn't back yet. It's been frustrating to Grandpa mike and Grandma Clara. "Jaliyah have you heard anything from your mom?" He asked me and I shook my head. Then she comes into the house.

"Where the hell have you been!" Grandma yelled at here.

"Relax im an adult." She said.

"Your right your are an adult and also a mother. Taylor helped her get ready but that isn't her job its your. Could you be more irresponsible. We have a funeral to attend in less than an hour and you come into my house smelling like, alcohol, weed and another one of your hookups. You've been so out of line since Camila left you." Grandma said and that hit one of mama's nerves.

"DON'T! You have no right to bring her up okay. She is not the reason i am like this. Have you ever thought that maybe I'm acting this way because I couldn't show this version of me infront of Camila I was perfect. Only drank one occasion, never smoked. Maybe this is the real me. Jaliyah can get ready herself she doesn't need me holding her hand every fucking second of the day." Mama said

"Your not the only ones thats grieving Lauren. Your not a teenager again where you can run away and get drunk off your shit when things get tough. Grow up Lauren look around that girl over there lost a mother and I don't think she wants to feel alone during this time." Grandpa said and mama  left the house again.

"Jesus Lauren." Grandma said sitting down.

"Guys lets go." Grandpa said and we went to the church the funeral is being held at.

-

Its after the funeral and everyone are at the house and still no sign of mama. I was hanging out in Taylors room when Camila called.

"Hey mom." I said 

"Hey how was the funeral? Hows Lauren holding up." She asked.

"She went out last night. She came this morning and got into a fight with Grandpa mike and Grandma Clara then left. No ones seen her since." I said

"Are you serious. How often does she go out." She asked.

"She did this a lot once you left us. Then it just went to occasional. Its even worse now she  goes out every other night now." I said.

"I'm coming down to miami and I'm gonna come get you in the morning ok?" She said and I nodded. We talked for a little while longer then she hung up. I went to tell everyone that Camila was coming to get me and they were okay with that.