Chapter Eight

• Dedicated to Romy Friedli

Okay, I am kinda tired so if there is any mistakes don't hate and just let me know! THANK YOU PEOPLE AND ENJOY! BTW CheyVines, I told you that character I made is named Lila.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finally got back to school, sadly on crutches, everything had changed. I noticed two things, one. Jake was a loner once again and two. People were talking to me and it was plural. People asked to sign my cast, asked what happened. Something about this was really weird. The girl Andrea, was acting really, really sympathetic to me. I had no clue why and it was really weird. It was at lunch time when I found out.

"So is it true?" Andrea asked. Why was I hanging out with her? I thought to myself.

"Is what true?" I asked sincerely dumbfounded. Several other girls crowded around the lunch table which made me feel a little intimidated but I tried to ignore them. One brunette girl piped in, I wasn't sure of her name. "That Jake kissed you and you slapped him?" I froze. Did they know already? Should I answer? Andrea started talking again. "I heard he slapped you back, what a jerk." Okay. How the hell did they find out, only Jake and I were there and he wouldn't of said that.

"Um..." I think I was about to answer but another girl called Bella asked another question.

"Is that the bruise on your face?" Damn, I forgot I needed concealer. It was only faint but on the right angle you could see all to well. "Yeah." I finally said. "But not my leg or anything, that was other matters." I said quickly because I knew that was another question that would be raised.

The more and more I thought about it, Andrea was really, a lot like my old friend from primary school. My friend's name was Lila, she had deep brown hair with matching eyes and had pale skin. Andrea's loud, outgoing, curious personality matched Lila's. Not that she was mean but the way Andrea was acting now.

I noticed the next day at morning tea that someone else joined the group I now hang out with. He was a cute looking boy, he seemed nice enough. He had brunette hair, much like mine. It was short and stylishly messy. His eyes were a crystalline blue, and he had a smile that made his eyes sparkle even more. His skin was tanned but it wasn't orange like most people's but that meant it wasn't fake. He was pretty much eye candy.

The bell rang and halfway down the hallway I bumped into someone, I stumbled with my crutches and lost grasp of my books. "Oh, I am so sorry!" I exclaimed to the person. I looked up, it was the guy from lunch. "Oh, don't worry about it, it's fine." I probably blushed then. I went down to pick up the books but it was really awkward with the cast. He did the same which caused us to head butt each other. I pulled back and we both groaned. "Okay, that time it was me. We are even." He said, picking up both mine and his books before I could. We both stood up. "I'm Joel Masden." He replied. He extended a big, broad hand. I shook it.

"I'm Cassandra Falling, but everyone calls me Cassy." I was waiting for him to pass the books. "Do you want me to carry these because I really don't know how you can hold them with crutches." I took the offer and thanked him

Turns out we were in the same role class and in every class. He walked me to English. He seemed like a pretty nice guy and we started to hang out together a lot. I had long forgotten about Jake and I focused on Joel. For once in my life I was happy.