Chapter Five

His kiss was warm and passionate and I found myself blushing. My anger was gone in that moment but then it all came rushing back. I pulled away and slapped him. Right across the left cheek and I must have done serious damage with the way my hand stung.

He looked surprised, like he hadn't expected it. I knew he was about to speak and I could see he was angry but that shifted to something unexpected, a smug look. I jumped in and started speaking before he could scrape out one word. "What the hell is wrong with you!?!? You can't kiss me while we are in the midst of a fight!?! And you sure as hell just can't expect me to drop everything I have against with a kiss!!" I yelled angrily in frustration. He couldn't do that. That was wrong. Everything was changing. He was changing. My world was changing.

He leaned forward so his face was inches from mine and I expected another kiss but I didn't slap him this time. He didn't. "You liked it. You kissed me back." His face was so smug and I didn't even recognize the man standing in front of me, I may have once thought he could have been hot in different circumstances but now all I saw was plain ugly. His sandy blonde hair looked like someone had tipped greece into his hair and his tanned skin looked fake with an orange glow.His brown eyes were black, as cold as night.

"I was confused!" I screeched back, needing to defend myself. The smug look was still on his face. "Admit it, you liked it." He repeated. It was impossible for me to have known this person not even a day ago. What happened to the shy boy I once knew?

"You know what? Stuff you! I should never have come!" This made his anger flare up and that's when everything truly changed. Jake's old, shy self was gone. His face was bright pink and he turned around slapped me and then tightly gripped my hair and pulled me to the floor.

His hands were big and broad making it hurt much more than I could have ever done. I cupped my cheek immediately and held my hair to try and prevent the pain that had swept in. Admittedly, I probably deserved it but he had started it. "What the hell!?!" Before he responded I stood up and turned around and started running. Sprinting, to get away from this nightmare. No, I thought to myself, this wasn't real, it couldn't be. Soon I would wake up, right? I doubted it.

It was just after sunset and getting dark. I glanced over my shoulder, making sure he hadn't followed me or something creepy. I now kicked myself for mentally ever becoming his friend. I knew a friend like him was too good to be true. I wondered to myself as I was still running, although not as fast, what I had ever done to deserve this.

No, I thought to myself again, this was definitely real, this is life. I will get over this. Tears streamed out of my eyes as I ran, I didn't want to believe this was real but it was, I knew it was.

I clutched onto my keys so hard that the iron should have bent or twisted by now. They rattled against each other as I ran. My tears had stopped but I knew my eyes were red ringed and bloodshot, I kept rubbing them as if that would hide that I had been crying but I doubted it helped. I pulled out my iron gold cross I constantly wore around my neck and prayed that mum wasn't home.

I'd stopped running because I knew I had my distance from the park and the memories that had gone with it but it was still there in the back of my mind. I naturally walked fast and I was a fast runner, so at after five minutes, my house was in sight. I needed a way to let all of my emotions out and forget about them. That's why I was praying mum wasn't home.