p e o p l e

" learn to be alone,because not everyonewill stay "

because not everyone
will stay "

21st of febuary 2025

They were after me.
They finally had me.
Strangers were coming at me from every direction, but I kept running forward.
The image of the girl in the hazmat suit haunted my vision, but there was no way I could find out who she was now.
I neared an empty carpark with still one stranger following me, I wouldn't want to know what had happened to the others.
I kept running harder and harder until I collapsed onto the concrete.
A gun shot lingered in my ears and then was softly muffled by something.
I looked up from the ground to be face to face with a hard-faced man, pointing a gun straight at me.
I slowly got up off the ground and raised my left hand, my right hand was still gripping a butter knife that I held to the back of my leg.
The stare only got harder.
I sighed before dropping my knife to the ground with a clatter and raised my other hand too.
I soon realised this was no stranger, but a survivor. Joined by several others, three boys and three girls.
"What's your name?" He questioned, his voice as hard as his stare.
I avoided eye contact and stayed quiet.
"I asked, what's your name?" He repeated.
"Nora Neilsen." I replied, staring at my boots.
"Got any one with you?" He asked.
"N-no." I answered obediently.
I lifted my head to get a better look at the group that stood in front of me.
That's when I locked eyes with a pair of blue eyes that belonged to a boy and I looked away quickly while my cheeks spoke for themselves.
I barely noticed that the man still had his rifle pointed at my chest.
"Wait." Said a girl with short blonde hair as she pushed his rifle away from me. "You can't just go around killing innocent people like this."
All eyes turned to her.
He rolled his eyes, getting his gun back in line with me.
"Maybe I want to die." I thought.
"No. You can't." The girl said, exchanging a small smile with me.
A girl with long brown hair piped up. "Martin, don't. She isn't diseased."
The man, who seemed to go by Martin, took a long look at both of the girls, then at me.
He narrowed his cold eyes. "Whatever, Nora." Said Martin. "One wrong move and you're on your own again, got it?"
I bent down to pick up my knife. "Got it."