4. New Meat

I got thrown into my cell in my black and white striped attire. The room was small but it seemed to be compatible with. It had a small bed that was chained to the wall, it looked uncomfortable but it would be fine, for now. There was a metal sink, a toilet and a counter in the far right corner of the room. I noticed that there was a small window just above my bed. It was small but it also had a big enough window sill for me to sit on at night. I went over to my door and looked outside of the bars. There was a row of cells on the opposite side of the hall. I heard screams of insanity and laughs from the cells all across the hall.

Sitting on my bed for 5 minutes got very boring, very soon. I decided to try and see Gotham from where my cell was, and I could! It was very beautiful from far away but I soon moved my attention to the doors as they opened and a guard had shouted that we could go to the recreation room. They had let us out of our cages? For once, somebody had the decency to do that! I headed down to the room to notice Jerome? Omg! He was here! "Well duh, he is insane like us!" A voice pointed it out in my head. I ignored it and looked over to Jerome. He was hanging with some losers until some fat guy saw me walking to a corner.

"Hey Jerome, do you know her?" He asked him and I could make out from sitting in the corner, my hair covering my eyes, that he was pointing to me. From then I heard silence for about 10 seconds until I felt a presence next to me. "Well, well. Look who it is! How you copin' my little Jester?" He had asked me, enthusiastic as always. "Sup Ginger, I'm not doing too bad. I could use a book just to keep me entertained." I sighed. He put his arm around my shoulders and he rested on the one that was nearest to him. "What kind of books do you read?" He asked me out of the blue. "I like reading anything that includes murder and action. Peter James is a great author and I love his books, especially Dead Simple." He looked at me in amazement. "Peter James is also my choice of an author! Listen, I have a guy in here that can get you anything you want. Even books or even a telephone." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Really?" I asked out of astonishment. "Really, Really. I'll talk to him tonight for ya sweetheart. Why don't you join our table?" I looked at him with affection and he wore the same expression. "Thank you Jerome," I stood up and dragged him up with me, "You're really kind to me and I have never had someone like you in my life before. You are amazing!" I hugged him in the tightest hug ever and he had stammered a bit before returning the hug.

I walked over to the table dragging him by the hand. I sat down in front of the fat guy from before and he just stared at me as if I was food. Jerome sat next to me of course and saw the way the guys were staring at me. "Guys, this is Kira. Don't mess with this one as she is lethal and she is all mine!" He announced grabbing me by the shoulders and pulling me into a hug. Lethal? Yeah, but was I his? No way on hell I was. After I was released from the hug, I turned to the boys. "The name is Jester and only those who are closest to me call me Kira. I wouldn't even think of going behind my back because I will lock you in a cellar and fill it with laughing gas, that I make, and you will die by laughing uncontrollably until your lungs cant take it no more." They all looked at me with awe, especially Jerome. The fat one was to speak up first. "Hey pretty gal, my name is Greenwood. How did you get in here? I got in for murdering then eating a dozen women. So be careful." I laughed, and when that ended a sinister smile had appeared on my face. "Do I even care? I did matricide when I was 12, I also committed Amicicide a couple of times, and I killed my father yesterday with a bullet right to his chest. I don't even regret it." Greenwood looked at me, agitated, then I noticed the others except Jerome looking at me with the same expression as Greenwood. Concerned. I got introduced to the others and not long afterwards it was lunch.

I queued up at the cafeteria, Jerome was behind me. The lady behind the counter, had a smug expression plastered on her face. She handed me a tray with what looked like a piece of undercooked meat, stuffed between two slightly mouldy pieces of bread. At least it was a bit edible. I sat down on a spare table for 2 and that's when I noticed Jerome was following me, a smile always accompanying his face. "Sup with you ginger?" I laughed as he sat down. "Nothing darling, I just wanted to sit with you!" He exclaimed. I removed the mouldy pieces from the bread and ate the rest of it. It wasn't too shabby in the end. Jerome and I talked endlessly about our hobbies and what we liked to do in our free time. "I do drama, so I am pretty exaggerative when it comes to putting on a show. If someone asks me to even read something out loud to them, example a book, I can give a pretty good performance." I said proudly, whilst we both walked down to our cells. He gave me a mock look of shock. "So can I! We'll have to put on a performance or something!" He got really giddy at this point. "Calm down Jerome, Calm down," I giggled, "When we get out, I'll see if we can get a drama group going!" I joked. He looked really interested.

When we got to my cell, I turned to him. "Thanks for today, I know we are in Arkham but its felt like we have known each other for ages. But this is my stop, I got to head in but I'll see you tomorrow in the entertainment room." As I turned to go into my cell, he reached for my hand and shoved me against the wall. His face was so close to mine I could feel his breath. "Jerome?" I asked out of suspicion, but my voice was cut off by his lips against mine. I hesitated at first, as this was my first kiss, but then I smoothed out into it. He was perfect. 2 insane people, who look like each other and act like each other, just in the hallway sharing a passionate moment in an insane asylum. I can't wait for the future, Gotham will crumble underneath us! Jerome pulled back and got on one knee. Other inmates had gathered round us, cooing over us.

"I'm not proposing to you, well not yet anyways, but I would like to know if you would be my Jester to my Joker (A/N: IK HE ISNT THE JOKER! JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SUITABLE!)? The queen to my King? Be my girlfriend, Kira?" He held out his hands to me. I took them in mine and smiled. "Of course Jerome, I'll be your queen!" I pulled him up and embraced him before pulling him into a kiss. First day in Arkham and I got asked out by a psycho! This is awesome!