CHAPTER 1

" Mr. Ford, this is the pre-flight check list. " Peter managed to speak while trying to speed walk alongside me. A sheen of sweat covered his palm as he handed the paper pad to me.

"Thank you, Peter" I smiled at him with gratitude and walked past the crowd of passengers waiting in a line for security check.

I could see the passengers scrutinizing me, my uniform, my luggage, my shoes....probably even the way I walk or any movement seemingly visible to a naked eye.

"Harry, you're on time! or maybe even earlier. They haven't started issuing the boarding passes yet." Candice greeted me with a side hug. Candice was one of the constant air hostesses who accompanied me in most of my journeys.

"Hey Candice! I'm so glad they shifted your flight from Eliot's to mine." Candice was a very good friend. she took great care of my comfort in every journey. She gave me coffee every time she felt fatigue was taking over me, she sits near the cockpit to chat with me, she gives my whereabouts to my family so they won't worry....so on and so forth.

Although we got into Air Canada together, I was yet to be one of the senior most pilots of ACPA and she was the top ranked air hostess!

"How long is your stay in Hawaii going to last for?" Candice asked walking behind me in her red skirt and black heels.

"I have to fly back from Hawaii to Toronto in a day" I answered walking around my aircraft doing my regular inspection.

1. Control surfaces - checked

2. Fuel tank and oil - checked

3. Emergency supplies - checked

4. Damages, nicks, dings............ - checked.

I made my way into the cockpit when I saw a young man getting comfortable on the other end. It wasn't difficult to figure out he was the new pilot who got promoted from medium haul flights to long haul flights.

"Good morning Sir. I'm Adam, your co pilot. You are?" He moved his hand forward with a smile showing all his 32 teeth. He was probably way too nervous that he hasn't noticed who he was assisting. Although not a senior I was still familiar in the entire crew.

"Eve." with a dead fish handshake he settled back in his seat.

"hahaha..... You're funny!" He tried to force a laugh over my sarcasm.

"Adam, this is Harry. Harrison Ford. I'm surprised you didn't recognize him!" Candice's voice interrupted from behind me. She must've sensed my annoyance from miles away.

"Sir! I've heard a lot about you, I'm so sorry!" He turned shade of red with panic evident on his face.

My personality wasn't very appealing. The authorities never assigned a fresher with me considering my patience level was on the negative side of the scale. Also, my past experience with a pilot wasn't pleasant. My hard work has always been the reason why ACPA hasn't fired me yet.

With a curt nod I sat on my seat, placing my hands on the yoke, locating the black colored throttle and red colored mixture knob. I checked for the six pack and show (air speed indicator, turn and slip indicator, heading indicator, vertical speed indicator, altimeter and artificial horizon)

I could see Adam from the corner of my eyes, mimicking my movements from beside me. This idiot is going to make my journey annoying to the level of infinity.

"Mr. Ford and Miss. Grace, the passengers are going to enter through the gate B6. Your flight is scheduled for a take off in the next 15 minutes." I heard the Operator speak in my headsets.