CHAPTER 4

"Are you okay? Miss. Grace?"

After a few minutes she nodded her head slowly and we swam in the opposite direction towards our respective jet skis.

"Where did you run away Harry?" Candice asked once we neared the shore.

"Ahem. They say, 'Running away was easy, not knowing what to do next was the hard part.'" I quoted a phrase I had read somewhere on Google. It wasn't the answer to her question but I felt like being philosophical.

"Miss. Grace! I thought you had a flight today morning!" Candice hugged her. They both had a similar height but Miss. Grace was thinner than Candice. She seemed malnourished. Okay may be that was an exaggeration. She was good enough? Doesn't matter!

" Said by a famous spiritualist 'You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control.' Hey Candice! Call me Jennifer please and I thought so too but they shifted my - "

"Okay! Never mind! Let's not talk about work! the more the merrier!" Candice and her impatient chronicles #17886245 or she sensed my annoyance and stopped 'Miss Stupid Spiritualist Grace' from speaking any further. Miss. Grace's words hinted something which I couldn't point at. She wanted to convey a message that didn't reach me clearly.

"How did you two get drenched?" After a decade she finally noticed.

"Oh! drenched. Alas! What else can you expect from a lady jet skiing!"

"What problem do you have with ladies Mr. Ford? Or is it just me you have a problem with?" Miss. Grace was clearly annoyed with my jeer.

"I'm not obliged to answer any of your questions, Miss. Grace" I moved a step closer to her unintentionally. Her tone irks me each time she tries to behave so full of herself.

"It was your fault in the water!! Why did you even sit on a jet ski if all you had to do was sit and think about your depressed life there!!" She moved closer. I could see fumes radiating off her head, imaginatively.

"Excuse me! You need to have a control over your ride. Let it be a jet ski or an aircraft! Coming to me, my jet ski...wasn't working properly!!" May be I lied but she could've moved in some other direction! what if my jet ski genuinely needed some repair?

"GUYS! chuck it!" Candice stood between the two of us.

"Why are you getting an aircraft in this??? And don't worry your lie hasn't gone unnoticed!" Miss. Grace moved to the right so she could see me diagonally.

"Cuz you can't handle anything well!!" I moved to the right so we could face each other directly.

"HARRY!! JENNY! STOP!" Candice's voice gained attention of all the people around us at the beach. " While we're here lets utilize it!! stop fighting like kids! Let's find some shade I'm burning"

" It's almost lunch time Candice. Where are others from our flight last night?" I could hear Miss. Grace behind me.

"They must be around. We were given different hotels. Rooms weren't available here until last night. Why don't you two change into something.... dry and we'll go for lunch later." Candice blabbered.

After a couple of hours we were done with lunch. Miss. Grace and I didn't bother looking at each other. She looked pretty though. The deep purple shirt and ankle length jeans seemed to bring out her features. Her round, coffee colored eyes were so captivating. She must have caught me seeing her a few times after which I felt extremely embarrassed and decided to stay behind her. The whole time I questioned myself over why I argue with her so much and why I couldn't keep my eyes away.