Chapter Eight: Back Again

Blaine sat in the uncomfortable chair, unable to believe what had happened. He stared at Kurt's lifeless form, not being able to get the image of him hanging from the tree out of his mind. He had climbed up and untied him with shaking hands, unable to stop sobbing. He called 911, hoping it wasn't too late. He tried to check for a pulse, but he didn't know how to, so he had had no idea if the boy was alive.

Now he knew. Sitting in the hospital's chair, next to Kurt who was lying in the bed, he knew.

Kurt was alive. But barely. The question that remained was whether he would survive.

Blaine hadn't been able to see the boy immediately. He had to wait a week.

As soon as he was let in, he never left the boy's side. Kurt was still in a coma. Unconscious. They said that he hadn't been sleeping or eating for weeks. He had suffered extreme blood loss from his self harm. His attempted suicide by overdose had weakened his system greatly, and he had a very small chance of recovering.

Blaine couldn't believe the time he had wasted in telling the boy he liked him. He had observed him, made light conversation between classes, but never told him his feelings. And now he was sure more than ever that he loved him. Whether it was a brotherly love or something deeper, Blaine didn't know.

And he may never have the chance to find out.

That broke him inside.