9.

I looked at the comments of my last post. Hannah and I were still at Monet's having our hot chocolates. Well, she had a hot chocolate and I had another coffee.

"What's Jess's problem?!" I ask Hannah. "Like why is she so rude and mean all the time? She seriously fits the role of the typical high school popular cheerleader." 

"Actually, the reason she's popular in the first place is because she's dating Justin. If Justin dumped her she would be back to square one. And if you want my opinion, I don't think he's very happy in the relationship anyway. Well that's what I've heard him tell Zach and the others." Hannah explained.

"Then why stay with her? Why doesn't he just break things off, if he's not happy?" I ask. 

Hannah paused to think of her answer. "Well, I think he likes the idea of being in a relationship and having someone there for him. But honestly, I don't know. I know that his home life isn't the greatest, and he probably confides in Jess," she replied.

"Wait how do you know about his home life? I thought you weren't friends with Justin," I questioned.

"I'm not. Well, not anymore anyway. It's a long story but he broke my trust. I was stupid for ever trusting him and he betrayed me. But he used to stay with me sometimes when things at home weren't so great. This was before Jess and him were dating, by the way. I thought I was in love with him, but boy was I so wrong," she explained. "Jess and I used to be friends too. Along with Alex Standall. We spent basically everyday here at Monet's. But not anymore," she said looking down.

"YOU USED TO BE FRIENDS WITH JESSICA DAVIS!? WHAT?! WHEN?! WHY!?" I exclaimed.

"Calm down Cass!! Jess and I were the new kids and we became friends thanks to the old guidance counsellor. She thought having a "buddy" system would be helpful. And it was, for a while. We got along great and then Alex joined our group..." she said.

"Okay, but what happened? Why don't you talk to them anymore?" I ask.

She looks dead straight at me. "They overreact everything. There was this list. Alex Standall created it and it was the best/worst list. And Alex used to date Jess but after Jess said no to sex, Alex created that list and put me down for best ass and Jess for worst. And you can tell where that went. Jess blamed it all on me and slapped me. We never spoke again. She still hates me."

I scoffed. "That is the stupidest thing ever. Why did you get blamed for it?! It's not like you wrote that list. Jess is such a drama queen." I roll my eyes. 

Hannah laughed lightly and sipped her hot chocolate. I looked at her, "are you okay though? like seriously?" i ask.

She smiles at me. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking Cassie. It's really nice to finally have a girl friend that isn't over dramatic. I'm glad you came back."

"Awwww, stop you're gonna make me cry! Seriously though, don't worry about Jess and Alex. They don't deserve such an amazing person like you. You are smart, funny and beautiful! And you have me as your new best friend, and I'm never gonna leave you, okay? And don't ever hesitate to call or text me if you ever need to talk or anything, I'm here for you," I said grabbing her hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"That means a lot to me, thank you Cassie," she said. 

I smiled. A real smile. I was glad that I had Hannah as a friend. I never really had that many girl friends. I just found them to be way too dramatic and rude. I was more of a tomboy and preferred to hang out with the guys. I liked that Hannah was down to earth and genuine. 

"So, got your eye on anyone at Liberty so far?" Hannah asked me, wiggling her eyebrows.

I laugh and shake my head, "not a chance."

But there was. I had my eye on Justin Foley. But he betrayed my best friend. And he was dating the bitch from hell. Oh boy.